Need Stereo Help for VLX Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Need Stereo Help for VLX « Previous Next »
By tom sondej (jahmi) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a new 2004 VLX. I have chosen to provide the stereo equipment on my own. I would like to put two Infinity open air subs under the dash on the drivers side. Has anyone done this before on their VLX? The dealer is recomending I use self powered subs in the storage compartments. I would prefer not to go that route. Any input is appreciated.

By Alan (tigeal) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the factory optional infinity sub in the storage and it is not worth the trouble. I ended up installing a subzone box with duel kicker L7 10" that fit up under the dash, They are powered by a Phoenix gold Ti-400 that is really to small but will upgrade to 800 watts over the winter.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The self powered subs in the Bu are horrible IMO. You can do a far better system yourself. I'd always favor a sealed sub over a free air tho.

(Message edited by ralph on October 01, 2003)

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a JL Audio 10" Pro Wedge under the drivers feet and a 12" Pro Wedge in the storage. It will rattle your teeth a bit...

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 9:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
something like this?

dfhfgh

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 4:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We go with one by the drivers feet and one under the observers storage. Definatley sounds good.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has your build date already passed?

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 4:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get plenty of bass by hiding a sub in passenger side compartment.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 6:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
problem with passenger compartment is you lose a LOT of volume when that seat back is down.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Tim, You can hear and feel that 12 through the entire boat. it has plenty of power....
and this is a middle of the road system, and it sounds great. You just have to make sure that you have enough power to each component. I am running 7 channels.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Plus Timmy, that would block the heater and I like all the leg room, Either way will work.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wakenup, i originally had my (2) infinity perfect 12's in my passenger compartment. the reason i moved them is due to the fact that I wanted all the bass they produce to be heard and felt in the boat. i have plenty of power running to them, did not lose much leg room at all, and still have my heater hose on my feet. win-win-win situation.

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought my VLX used; the owner had this professionally installed. 12 in, sealed box.

sub

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
infinity perfect or an audiobahn?

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty, if you are asking about the above pic..that is en eclipse sub that was powered with a Xtant amp.

When I purchased the boat, the owner couldn't sell for as low as I wanted to buy; he had put over 4k in stereo stuff into it. We worked out a deal...I lost the eclipse sub, 3 Xtant amps, and the boss B-530 tower speakers. I replaced the sub with inexpensive bazooka, and I am powering it with 140 watts. I installed a mix of inexpensive amps, but I still have the sony head unit, XM radio, 2 wired remotes, 6 MBquart speakers, and 10 disc/MP3 changer...and I am totally happy with the system.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the eclipse subs are very nice.

By MIKE O (batman) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 7:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 10" Diamond Audio mounted like the one in Bobby's picture and firing up at the dash. It's powered by a Kicker 550 amp and it's plenty loud.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com