New accessory company..check it. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » New accessory company..check it. « Previous Next »
By BoobsAREcool (magellan) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They just got the site partially up and running. I've been checking on it after all the ad space they've been running. Anyone know anything about this company??

www.fusionsports.com

(Message edited by magellan on October 01, 2003)

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 10:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heard it was started by ex-Boss people. Definately some DEEP pocket to be burning big cash on ad space so much already with product (revenue) not available until Jan 04. Maybe they'll buy Monster Tower some day and make that nice guy that owns it really rich!

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There stuff look's cool, Cant wait to see what the Real product's look like.

By B (w8kboarder) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been waiting for this website to come up since I saw the spread in Wakeboard Magazine two months ago. It is nice to see someone starting a real wakeboard accessories company with reasoable prices. From what the website says, it seems like this company isn't going charge a ton of cash so they can make an outrageous margin and deliverable a faulty product like another company I know of. (B*SS) We will have to wait and see.

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw the add in Wakboard Magazine 2 months ago and kept checking their web site to see what they were all about, and now its up. The speakers look killer and the tower design is sweet. Reading it looks like they are going to really bring some new ideas to market. I also heard that some of the guys came from Boss but if you look at the products you would never know. Its about time that someone made some Tower speakers that have a new design. Boss is old news. I have a set of B60's right now and can't wait to see the product Fusion has in hand. I will be dumping those old school Boss speakers as soon as Fusion starts selling them. Hey spread the word Wakeworld, this stuff looks great.

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you freaking kidding me...have you seen the mock-up of the tower on the boat and the line-up of boarders....You can tell BOSS to flush teh toilet, they are done. The X30's gettin a fresh tower once these are available. might get a tower and use as a roll bar in my truck they are so sick. Could you imagine...Chevy z71 with 10 inch lift rolling a Fusion tower as a roll bar and another on the X30!!

Fusion is literally reinventing the market with a fresh look and sick towers and acsessories..cannot wait to see the real stuff...

I'm out...way to pumped...need to get to the lake right now.

By B (w8kboarder) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Park....I agree BOSS is done. Can't wait to see the Z71 roll'in down the street.

(Message edited by w8kboarder on October 02, 2003)

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
B, where you from?

By B (w8kboarder) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Park-
From the Bay Area.

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Let's see who can correctly guess the number of former Boss reps on this post?

I guess three...

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 4:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will be the first to say that I am not a former Boss Rep. Just own a set and had one come off my Tower and almost hit my wife, so as soon as the new fusion stuff comes out the boss junk is done.

By Greg (lucky) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I personally do not like the look of the products at all.

By chase tennyson (chase) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 7:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm with you Greg! Why add all of that bulk just for a different look? No offense to anyone, but it looks like a bit of overkill in the tubing dept.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 9:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If that is the real design of the tower they're making how does it fold down?
Also it looks like the tower part is only attached to the rear part of the legs attaching to the boat. dosen't look very sturdy considering all of that metal. Just an observation.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what I was wondering about this company was. What is the cost of the products going to be. Thats going to have a Huge effect on how this company does. IMO If Boss stuff whas Half the price it is Everyone would be saying how good it is, instead so saying there not happy. This isn't the first time I have seen a post for new Speakers and lights, and it generates alot of intrest and then when the price comes out People are like "No Thanks" in fact I cant see the stuff costing any less than Boss stuff, I would not be suprised if It cost's lots more. Then we will see how they are recieved. I see the all in one Unit "3 speaker tower can's" and I would guess that they are going to be atleast $800-$1,500 dollars. There design's look cool and yes your going to have to pay a little extra for that. There stuff has a Nice flow to everything. I hope they do well and see some of there stuff on the water

By jason smalltown (wheat) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 1:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
now i'm a new kid at all this wake world stuff, but i'm also about all the new stuff too. and for everyone else you should be always happy to see new stuff. i think there stuff is cool looking, but thats just me... what do i know'. one thing , there riders are SICK!

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
FYI....Not a ex-BOSS guy

Hey Chase and Greg:

Are you guys kidding me!! You must still be driving the old school Toyota Corona's towing a 13 foot aluminum with your homeade bamboo tower.

Wake up and come back to earth. Take off the Perry Top Siders and the Izod shirt bro.

Fusion is setting new standards the same way Tony Hawk is taking skateboarding to a new world, Dave Mirra is changing the landscape of BMX, and Travis Pastrana is doing things on moto's that no one thought was possible.

Every thing evolves....wake up and smell the Fusion.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Park, are you at all affiliated with Fusion? You seem to be incredibly enthusiastic about a product that has yet to be introduced and a company that has yet to release a product. I'm just wondering how that happens if you're not on the inside of this company.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 11:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ha Ha

Looks like Park got called out. And not by just anyone but by the moderator of this forum. But just look at Park's posts. He's new to this website and all three of his posts are pumping up this new company that hasn't publicly sold any products.

Come on Park. Your posts are way to obvious. You have to be somehow affiliated with this company. Otherwise why would you blantantly push this company.

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David and the rest of the board:

I have absolutely no affiliation with Fusion. I first heard about them here, and waited for the web site to come out, and the hype was validated. I am 27 and sell technology in the Silicon Valley.

I am sick and tired of all the grandpa products on the market. Someone needed to change the landscape, and it looks like Fusion has certainly done that. The ad in the magazine and the web site show products that will change everything....and I am fired up.

Maybe they will not deliver and I will be dissappointed, maybe the products will suck and I will look like a jackass...but that is the risk I take.

I am fired up that there is new blood in the game and the grandpa manufacturers are going to have to respond with new products as well.

Sorry for my enthusiasm!!!

Park

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry but it looks to me like Fusion hasn't done jack. All they did was put up a little website.

"Fusion is setting new standards the same way Tony Hawk is taking skateboarding to a new world, Dave Mirra is changing the landscape of BMX, and Travis Pastrana is doing things on moto's that no one thought was possible."

Give me a break. That comparison is almost offensive.

Anyway, do you really expect us to believe that you are not affiliated with this company based on your 100% Fusion-hyping post content.

In any case, I can only think that:

a). You are affiliated and are a low-life spammer.

OR

b). You are not affilitated and you are a just some kind of retard who likes to frantically hype companies that don't make anything.

Which should I think?

By Joe (joe_788) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I look on their website and see towers, racks, and speakers. These aren't even hard products yet. They are graphic representations. The speakers are badass, the racks are average, and tower doesn't look like it will even work. I see nothing "evolutionary" about the products.

I also find it funny that their rack model is shown mounted on a horizontal bar, yet the tower has no horizontal bars.

I think this is a cool company with a nice website, but some of the above posts are so over the top, I just have to laugh.

By salty87 (salty87) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yup, they've got some nice drawings on that site

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Salmon burger....

If you think that your 89' Ski Sanger looks "tight" with your old school tower, you need to wake up and quite using your girlfriends nickname as your WakeWorld ID.

I am hyped over a new look, a company that gives a is introducing new products. Do you think the riders they are signing would sign if they didn't already know this stuff rocks?

I am not A or B, I am C - Your Daddy Taco Boy!!

I am getting hyped over products that do not exist, the same way you get hyped when you imagine your girl with a new fake rack!! It is nice to look forward to something different.

Table the thought that I am affiliated with Fusion; not the case. If I was, would I risk causing all this controversy about my company....give me a break.

BOTTOM LINE: I make money so I can spend it. The BOSS products I have today cannot hold the jock of what Fusion is promising to deliver. Maybe they won't deliver and I will look like a jackass...my gamble, but one I am ready and willing to take.

P Daddy

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well whoever they are their website sure looks nice! That would have been a lot of trouble to not be actually producing anything. Just my thought.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Dave-

Can you look up Park's IP address and see where he is posting from. That may help to prove whether or not he is affiliated with the company

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mmm...salmon burgers. Those are almost as good as salmon tacos.

I don't have a Sanger. Where did you come up with your WakeWorld ID?

I think the riders would sign if they thought the stuff would be alright and they got paid.

Hi, Dad. How's Mom doing?

Fake breasts are one of the most annoying phenomena of modern society.

Unless it is proven that you work for Fusion (which we won't be able to do), the controversy is only about you.

By Mark B (markb) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
domain is registerd to Ryan Costo who had a boat for sale on flipsell.com. Looks like it may be former boss people after all.

http://www.flipsell.com/Phase3/home/DispVehicle.asp?VehicleID=3950

By Wake Products (tahoe) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 11:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
unsubscribe

By Mark B. (sickboy) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You're making yourself look like a chump Park, leave please.

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark:

Your crazy. I am simply excited about a new company bringing new products to the market, and and everyone turns into haters. Who is Ryan and no that isn't my boat!

I am willing to bet you work for BOSS and crapping your pants!! I'll tell you what. Get back to the drawing board because the competition is going to kill you. I have had your stuff way to long.

You all can leave...I will not.

A guy can't post what he thinks of a new company without all the trouble. I bet there are about 2 or 3 BOSS guys in here hating because they are scared.

Just sold a $42,000 deal...made 9 grand. Off to Anderson Res.

To the rest of you, we will wait and see. For all you BOSS guys, you should get to work!!

P

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah....I forgot...

What did the IP trace have to say?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
anderson is closed due to the launch ramp being redone...

By hyperlitenerd (hyperlitenrd) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That boat has been there since like febuary or sumtin i think, cause i was lookin at boats around then and i was like wow, shinny

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We do not trace IP's. That's none of our business. Plus, I don't know how! :-)

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty:

You need to get to know the Anderson family...back door ramp near the south end.

Thanks David for being honest...looks like we caught Mark B...hmmmm...BOSS? Thanks HyperLite for proving the point.

Mark...get back to the welder...that grandpa needs a new BOSS tower!!

For everyone else, time will tell, but if the Fusion web site is accurate...we all have something to look forward too.

P Baller

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
we should hook up sometime there.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 2:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty: Can I come along? (To Anderson) Ill bring My N2-Deep CD.We can hear how that Orion Sub sound's once and for all (Back to the Hotel)

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that is one of my favorite tunes for the boat. how did you know?
lol

honestly i do have that song on my lake tunes mp3 and it pumps.

By Mark B (markb) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"Thanks HyperLite for proving the point." ....

I think you missed the point while you were thinking of outrageous complements to post. My post wasn't directed to you. I was simply saying that this new company looks like it involves Ryan Costo because he was the one who registered fusionsports.com domain. As of this morning, he was listed on the Boss website under contacts for sales and he has an add on flipsell with a bossaccesories.com email address. Either way, I think you are confused. Easy on the caffeine. Peace.

By Mark B (markb) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 3:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
In rereading I see that there are two of us. (markb). Man, he registered way back in 2001. Maybe I'll have to change my name on here... Anyway, maybe the self-proclaimed industry insider was directing his comments to the other one of us.

By Mark B (markb) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, I was thinking the same thing; I think Park confused your comment about leaving the forum with mine, which wasn't necessarily directed at him. I guess you can stay "sickboy" and I'll stay "markb". So far, I think it's only confused Park, which could be explained by his obvious lack of intelligence.

Also, Boss has already changed their website since this morning. It doesn't list Ryan Costo (owner of fusionsports.com domain) as a sales contact anymore.

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys just thought that I would put my 2 cents in again and people can tell me what ever. I e-mailed fusionsports.com to ask about there products because I saw their add two months ago in wakeboard mag. I asked when and where I could get a look at their stuff because I am so tired of BOSS ( had a set of speakers for less than a year and one fell off my tower, bracket is stripped out and boss will not replace it. I have to purchase one. Nice customer service. Any how Fusion told me that they will have they stuff ready the first of the year. They have been setting up dealers and getting some OEM agreements with some boat compaines. They did not say which ones but if they did not have any products to sell then I don't think that would be happening. I talk to the guys at my dealer all the time and there is a a lot of resentment towards Boss and with the law suit on going there are not as many choices anylonger. So someone else coming in and put what looks to be sweet product and new designs out on the market can only help all of us that are tired of the same old boreing things. The old saying of the proof is in the pudding will hold true. All I know is that looking at their stuff and how they have changed alot of the designs that we have all been used to makes me all that more interested. Again my 2 cents. For anyone that has ever had to deal with Boss should be more than excited with a new choice.

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is my 2 cents. A company is of NO USE to anybody until they have an inventory, prices, and products ready to roll. At this point they are just a website with cool pictures and stories of who they are. I want to see and feel the hard goods before I even think of this as a real company.

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stewart:

Nice Post.

You and your crew meet mine at Havasu in April with our new Fusion gear and then we'll roll up to Vegas for a couple of days!! Who's in?

Seriously...I am in the same boat. Old Boss goods, same old thing.

I did some research and found that Boss has grown from nothing to a fairly large company in only about 3 years. If this guy that is starting Fusion ran sales at Boss, then he must know something about building a company.

Anyhow...good to see new blood waiting for hard products as well.

P Killa

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My $0.02, discounted to $0.01 for a limited time!

I’m really excited to see the products Fusion brings to market. Their impressive marketing should be a precursor to the product engineering and development side spinning out some exciting new products and ideas to the industry. This is a great thing for any market and forces all products to innovate and improve, or be left behind.

It is worth taking note of other really great innovations in the tower and accessory market this year. I think Nvert Sports has done really innovative things with their bungee-less rack and pro-audio speakers. Also Wake Designs pioneered the reverse tower that has morphed into the new VLX tower, which is getting lots of press.

I don’t understand the “Anti-Boss” aspect of this thread. Rio & the Boss Team did a great job innovating so many new products and ideas for this market over the past few years, don’t forget to give them due credit for innovative contributions. I highly doubt he is sitting on some sideline waiting to go out of business, not something that would have gotten the Bossman to where he’s at today. Find a perfect company with perfect products that never does anything wrong with all perfectly happy customers, and that’s what I call a great stock pick.

Bringing new products to market takes a lot of time, even one product at a time. Supporting new products is even harder. Fusion has an impressive plan to bring several designs of Towers, Speakers, Racks and accessories all to market at the same time. I believe we will all see products coming to market over time since each new product is a significant effort for most companies. I could (and often am) wrong, miracles just take a little more work!

I’ve heard rumors that maybe some other companies (including Boss) are innovating their butts off right now and will be announcing some exciting new products in the near future, but most are under tight wraps until they are shipping if they were not announced at Expo. Actually this is the time of year all us guys are cooking up some new dishes for 2004! We should all be budgeting for lots of new ideas, products and innovation for us to spend our $$$ on next year

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wanted to make it clear that I have just recently become "anti-boss". I own speakers and a light bar, but when I have only owned the stuff for a little over a year and one of the speaker brackets is stripped out and falls off of my tower almost hitting my wife in the Head I get a little upset. Then to have them tell me that I will have to buy a new bracket instead of them telling me that they will warrenty it out ust puts a negitive spin on the whole company. I am sure that Rio and folks are doing things and will not be out of business but I know for a fact that 2 of the biggest boat dealers have droped carring their product or at least not ordering new product. Its always good to see new products come out because it only helps the consumer. More choices = more competition = lower costs ( you hope). With the stuff that Fusion is planing to bring to market, if the real product come anywhere close to the pictures on their site they will do well and you will see a ton of their stuff on the water.
Park: would love to hook up at Havasu but with Baby due in April will be tough this year. That said it will not stop me from being on the water all next summer sporting some new kicking Fusion gear!!!!!

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Monster:

Great post...the market is changing and that is good for all of us. Looking back at my post's, I think I may have been drunk on a couple of them because I ramble way to much and am way to hyped over products that do not exist. I have been closing business and riding like crazy lately. Way to many late nights in Los Gatos!!

I will say that Fusion looks to be changing what we are all used to, and if BOSS and others are making changes as well to limit to potential threat of Fusion, we all are going to be in good shape.

Stew...we will get to Havasu..congrats on the baby.

P Dilla

By tre (tre) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I checked the Fusion web site. Am I missing something? What is so innovative here? The board racks are just like every other rack (except Nvert), the speakers are just like others on the market, and the tower is a slightly new variation on an old theme. Why do you consider this innovative?

By A. P. (bigdad) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree Tre. The tower has a lot of curves on it but my question is where do you mount the board racks. There doesn't seem to be a horizontal bars yet there board racks show a horizontal mount. I wish them well but I hope no one will actually believe that the prices will be any cheaper than the other companies out there. In case some people don't know there are other companies that make wakeboarding products. It seems the ones here pushing fusion seem to think the only other company out there is Boss.

By sean tribe (tribal) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 1:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree what,s the big deal here?

By Park Hannithan (highflyer) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 2:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guys....if someone told you the sky the greene, and would let up on making you believe it, would you.

Maybe you don't need to mount the boards on horizontal racks?...because everyone else is?

The innovation comes from the notion of creating something new by changing the paradigm of how everyone thinks today.

Why not rack the boards veritcal, why not attached the speakers upside down, why have the rack on the back of the boat as opposed to middle, why not have a tow rope made of bungy to launch you higher and further?

Why does everything have to be the same?

I'm a tech guy...here is a great analogy. The Apple iMac was the fastest selling computer in history. Why? Because not every computer needs to be that same off white color, because not every computer needs to have its monitor and cpu in seperate locations, because the nature of humans is to expect change.

That is happening now...

It's about change....change brings change. Fusion is causing ripples in the industry which will turn to waves. Change is coming, and all of us will be flying higher and further in even sicker boats very soon.

That is the difference...that is what is new....that is why what Fusion is doing is the big deal.

Park for Governer!!

By Justin Rudd (jrudd) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 2:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Park...you mention all these new innovations yet say you have no affiliation with Fusion? The products on the website are not monumental...cool maybe...industry changing? No, not until we see prices and quality. Show me one thing Fusion has done, other than noticeable advertisement that makes them a great new company.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 3:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Too much hype for a web site… let’s hold off on the fan fair till they actually have a product and see how the quality/prices/distribution/service/ and warranty stuff pan out.

Let’s see…. From the web site I see they have some towers, speakers configurations similar to what’s out now, board racks, light bars…and ‘other stuff.’… am I missing something here??? What is so monumental and innovative here?

Looks to me like it will be just another company paying for a glossy add in the back of our wakeboarding mags.

Perhaps they can leverage industry experience and will become a player in the industry. We will have to wait and see. It does not look like the products alone will significantly separate them from what is already available.

By tre (tre) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 3:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Park, Stop trying to convince us the sky is green.

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 4:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
park, shut up already. there is 15 of "us" against one of you.

By Rio Morales (riothepimp) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey you Guys what's up Bossman here. First of all for you Boss bashers w8kboarder you work at a proshop in rocklin and we do not sell to you because you do'nt pay your bills and Stewart stop crying and call the shop have Jenny send you a clamp. Yo Park your new and yo do'nt know Costo is Fusion and he was our national sales manager for ten months the drawings on his website belong to Boss those are our 2004 and 2005 speaker and designs, it's easy to just copy others, that is not inovation for all who want to know. Ryan will see his day in court. Park shut your cake hole.

Rio The Bossman

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 7:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
And now you know the "Rest of the Story"

Thread closed!

By skylrae (skylrae) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I dont have my own username because Im not the type to express my opinon on a websight .But after reading this I had to. So if you click on my profile thats my wife.

Anyhow I am an X Boss rep. I have my reasons for leaving,but by no means did it have anything to do with the product. Rio has,and always will be a leader in anything he does. Look at boardracks these day. They are for the most part based on his design. As for a speaker falling down and hitting anyone in the boat. Im sure the boss guys would replace the clamp if need be.
FYI you check you lug nutz on you trailer dont you?
You should check the bolts on the clamps every once in a while just so that doesnt happen. And finally as for "Park" we in the industry know who you are and your only making your self look bad. When it come time to sign up dealers ,I hope nobody else in the industry is reading this. For your sake!

I just couldnt let this go when I know someone(Boss) who trusted someone (Park)get away with this BS.

Dont rule Boss out Rio will survive.

Dev

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Intellectual propery suit?

By the way, I believe my original guess of three was correct!

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 9:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think we're all missing out on what's important here. Jeff said, "Looks to me like it will be just another company paying for a glossy add (sic) in the back of our wakeboarding mags." That's just not right. They should be just another company paying for a glossy ad in the front of the WakeWorld website!

Sorry, just thought I'd slash through the tension a big humorous blade. :-)

I don't know Park or Fusion, but I've met Rio a few times. The first time was at a boat show in LA about five years ago and I'm pretty sure that Rio doesn't even remember that meeting. At the time I had never even heard of Boss and I was blown away by the decadence of their product line and the enthusiasm and passion that Rio had for what he was producing. I remember telling my buddy on the way out that I had never seen that kind of quality and polish built into accessories before. I also remember thinking that I'd never be able to own any of it because I assumed it would be hella expensive. :-)

Anyway, I've run into Rio a few times since then. Boss has gotten bigger and is now one of the most respected names in the accessories market. However, the one thing that I continue to encounter each time I meet him is that enthusiasm. In my experience, that kind of enthusiasm is a requirement for a good company and as long as it exists will keep that company afloat.

Good luck to Boss and good luck to Fusion. Let's hope the public benefits from all of this.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Love it-

Rio and the former rep came on and just gave a big pimp slap to Park. Park, any response or are you now going to get a new identity?

(Message edited by bigdad on October 11, 2003)

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 5:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought that I would follow-up on a few things here. To Quote Rio "it's easy to just copy others, that is not inovation for all who want to know" this is your post but I am pretty sure that you are being named in a pattent lawsuit brought on by Correct craft for not not paying Royalities. So your comments are like the pot calling the kettle black. Secondly I asked you personally at Boardstock about the bracket on my tower and your response was "sorry I can't help you" see the dealer where you bought it and they can sell you one. Now all of a sudden you come out and say call the shop and you will send me a new one. One last thing if those are "your 2004 2005 speaker desgins then I would hope that you have a patent on them so then you can collect royalities instead of paying them.

As far as checking the speakers and making sure that they are tighten down, I did this everytime I went out in the boat, but this was something that would happen when we were out in rough water. Lock Tight did not help and the more since it is made of aluminum the more times you tighten them the more chances it has to strip the threads out. Hey I am not saying that Boss or Nvert or any other company makes a product that is that much better than the others. Its all a matter of personal opnion. What one person thinks looks good may not to another. I am sure that when the ford Pinto came out alot of people thought that car was new and great and it lasted for a few years. Then they found out that it had problems and started to explode when it got hit from behind. So one of the other car companied came out with something better and we never saw the Pinto again. Now did Ford stop selling cars? No! They came back to the drawing board and made something else. Every company that stays in business goes in Cycles and you will see that Fusion and others will be the new guys on the block and will replace the older products out there.

(Message edited by gizel on October 13, 2003)

By Stu (pnizzlefoshisel) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The earlier analogy of the i-mac to fusion is perfect; they both suck. Sure, initially, soccer moms ran down to pickup a neon orange, B-team computer but anyone who knew anything about computers steered clear of it. The same holds true for this industry.

I heard wetzel's pretzel is in a law suit with fusion over design patents on their tower.

By Dan Fishburn (sfish) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 6:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone ever heard of form over function? Guess I am old school, I would much rather kick your @#@! in a 1962 Ski Nautique with torn seats and a bungee cord than in a new $88,000 SAN Team.

By matt broad (mattbroad) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, for what it's worth I had a crossover fail early this season on a boss speaker and my dealer told me they had stopped selling Boss due to poor customer service. The dealer then sent the speaker back to Boss and it came back repaired by Boss in 3 days, shipped back to my dealer via Fed Ex at Boss's expense. So I have to give props to Boss.

I also have a friend who knows the Fusion guys and I have to say I do believe the company is well-funded, well-organized, and will deliver the product.

I have no axe to grind; I'm just a 43 year old bald guy who likes to ride.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com