Home made hot water shower Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Home made hot water shower « Previous Next »
By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just put one in my boat for about $135 and that was all new parts. If you had some of the hose fittings and tubing or garden hose you could do it for around $100. The pump was $90 new, I bet you could get one from ebay for half that used. It was super simple and took less than 2 hours and I really took my time.

If there is some interest I can post some pics and instructions. Reply to this post and if enough people reply I will take some pics and post some instructions.

It is about $100 cheaper than a storebought kit, I don't know what they would charge to install it.

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Please post pics and instructions!

By matt moss (mossy44) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am interested!!! please post pics

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is an article on this site on how to hook up a shower, but I will take some pics tonight of my homemade install.

I found pumps on ebay for $59, this is the same one I just got for $90 at west marine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50073&item=2434592300

This would easily make the total cost under $100.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 9:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's cool. I looked all over for a pressure-controlled pump, but I couldn't do better than $120.

I also couldn't find a mixing valve assembly that I liked the looks of, and the shower head was going to cost $19.00. So, I just bought the Aquatik setup for $170.

One thing to consider. The Aquatik system has screens in the mixing valve's water intakes, and I have to clean the screens every season. I'm not sure what would happen to the pump if the gunk went through it.

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff, is that Aquatik the one that has the transom mount with a lid?

Just curious, the Mrs. is starting to seriously think about one.

By Tommy (laptom) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 11:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm interested Matthew!!! Post some pics!

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes Matthew post some pics!! please!!

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 6:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, Aquatik makes a couple of models. I think the one with the cover is an 200-S or something like that. Mine is the 100-S. It's like the system on the back of the MC's on another thread here, and here's a link to what you get (plus a pump and a couple of fittings): http://www.fluidconcepts.net/Pages/Showers/showers.htm

After seeing the slick home made job that is pictured in still another thread here, that route is worth considering. The guy found a way to do it for under $100, using the same pump that comes with the Aquatik.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com