Mobius vs Moomba Outback Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Mobius vs Moomba Outback « Previous Next »
By Daniel Galloway (mississippireb) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there a significant difference in hull shape, weight, and ultimately wake in a Mobius as opposed to an Outback. A friend of mine has and Outback and we have maxed out the wake on it, just not enough boat. Are the differences mainly options and graphics, or are there really differences in the boats? Looking at a 2002 model.

DG

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The outback is a smaller boat. I think it is both shorter and narrower. The outback LS is the same hull as a mobius since 2001. I also think the outback changed in 2003 and is a little bigger than the 2002 model. How much weight are you running?

By NoneYa (noneya) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is the comparison of Moomba hulls given by Skiers Choice:

OK, I will take a shot at trying to explain the Moomba lines. It does get rather confusing so try to stay with me here.

When it comes to Outbacks, Outback LS, and Mobius Direct Drives there have only been 3 hulls since they were first introduced. I will refer to them as OB1, OB2, and OB3. OB1 was designed for 1997. OB2 was designed for 2001. And OB3 was designed for 2003. Here is the matrix you guys are looking for...

OB1 97-02 Outback, 99-00 Outback LS, 98-00 Mobius(LS)
OB2 01-04 Outback LS, 01-04 Mobius (LS), 02-04 Outback LSV/Mob LSV
OB3 03-04 Outback

The Mobius V and Kamberra had it's own hull from 00-03.

The Mobius XLV has it's own hull new this year.

Hope that explains it.

Matt Brown

By Daniel Galloway (mississippireb) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks
Very helpful info.
We had factory bertha ballast, a 250 in the front, and an 500 in the back. Blower was totally ruined because of all the water running in the back.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com