MasterCraft weekend pics Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » MasterCraft weekend pics « Previous Next »
By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pics from this weekend at Norris Lake, TN...
Almost twins...X9's

My ride...early morning

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
more pics...

My ride...later
X Star and 2 X9's

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
and more...
X80 cruisin'
X80 controls
X80 powerplants

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn that is huge what size is it? Does it say X80?

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The X-80 and it's two MCX's are a bit much. No cruse? Cannot wait to read about... $100,000+ for a rampy wake... just kidding, although it will happen! What is the wake like anyway! I have the NEW X-Star and love it.

By Kirk (kirk) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow... looks like Mastercraft is going retro on it's test boards...

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 4:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kirk...I laughed when I saw the board (literally). It's OSB with a pair of hiking boots nailed to it. I guess it's been ridden. Even has a fin for for hard core carving! Would it be considered a continuously flat rocker, or single stage?

By dave (dukekati) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 8:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love the dock set up. What type of lift is Prostar on?

By dane (greatdane) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That x-star bow rise is huge - now we understand why the bow is sloped downward toward the water.

By Ben Spiegel (bens) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 9:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Paul, I think that's Norris lake near mile marker 6(I think?) in your pictures? If so, once a year we rent a house just south of you across the cove. It has the dock with blue roof, 2 boat slips face north, John is the owners name and he has another place just down the shore from you. You guys have a great lake down there. How long before it gets too cold? We were thinking about taking a fall trip down there.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Prostar is on a compressed air lift (compressed air fill "pontoons") with support bunks. Very nice setup.
Dane...X80 (28 feet long). I would suspect any boat with 10-12 feet streatchin' out in front of you would have pretty decent bow rise. Didn't actually them (except for gauges), but it has trim tabs.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ben...That's the place (not mine BTW)! Water is still really nice. Boarding on neo shirt time (I wore one b/c of air temp and wind). Good time of year to head down. Lake's clearing out. Leaves will be turning (fall colors). It's sweet. We're going to investigate a cottage of our own.

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 11:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Someone care to explain the "controls" on the X-80. . . thnx

-= peace =-
Aaron

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Twin engine, single point control, the outer levers are for forward, neutral, and reverse. The inner levers are for throttle. This makes it easy to maneuver the boat in while docking, as you can pivot the boat more or less on itself using one engine in forward, one in reverse, etc. (twin inboards(dd is better but V is ok) are actually the most maneuverable boats around docks and such. This control setup is similar to bigger speedboats(fountains etc.) bigger motorboats generally separate the controls, with the shift controls on one side of the steering wheel and throttle on the other to avoid accidents and make quick maneuvering easier.

By Rick Alan (boardjockey) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
check out the big brain on Tom :-)

By David D (wakeguru) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude, that is a sic dock setup. All floating system. What a play pen! Oh, and yours ain't bad either Paul! j/k

Yeah, that's the first thing I saw was that snowboard looking thing on the racks of that prostar. Definately a continuously flat rocker. What the heck?

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey rick you still beating your ex with one of your knee braces??? I'm calling the cops. You wanna try and ride this weekend? Its getting not warm out and i'm too cheap to buy a drysuit.

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on September 30, 2003)

By Rick Alan (boardjockey) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 6:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom,

I'm planning to wakeboard both days this weekend. You don't need the wet-suit. A dry towel and some warm gym clothes will do.

L8R,

Rick

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What a surprise Dane doesn't have anything positive to say about the X-star.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat pretty funny! I thought the same thing I know Dane has shizzle to say about almost any boat. Funny how he has a "Bu" Dane" what do you think about The SAN and the clamshell design? Thatís' his favorite thing to do is come into a thread and be a fly in some ones drink. Dane You should be a Professional Boat Critic. At least that way you can get paid for being negative all the time.

Paul Nice Photo's got any more??

By wuneyewilly (wuneyewilly) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane is on another thread "Decal Removeal"... maybe he is a closet X-Star enthusiast and is taking off his BU sticks for MC sticks

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 2:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane should try some of this stuff
I found this here on the Urban dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hateraid

Hateraid

Something you suggest someone drink when they're being a hater, or hating on someone or something. Derivative of the product/name "gatoraid."

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hateraid!! THAT'S great, everytime he looks at an X-star on the water or reads a post about one he can drink some hateraid. He may even be able to keep his mouth shout on the subject.. I wonder what flavours it would come in?

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 4:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The currently available flavors are "rampy wake dew," "clamshell cherry," and "storage lemonade." Soon to be launched flavors are "too-small-gas-tank with a rush of orange" and "wedge tank cola."

By Josh Weiner (josh_weiner) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 5:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Id imagine that those twin engines make quite a bit of noise. look at the picture it looks like they have soundproofed the cover.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 6:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone want to volunteer to change the spark plugs on the inboard banks of those twin engines? How about draining the blocks for winterization?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fred:

By Phil Veit (bigjackamo) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 6:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fred that is the funniest post I've seen all year!

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey fredrik are you guys still riding. We met a few weeks (was it months?) ago at the Pax, i have the red & white mastercraft. Its supposed to get down to 31 degrees tonight, we're gonna try to ride this weekend, i don't know how much more my desire to ride in the cold is gonna last.

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on October 02, 2003)

By Clint Holland (clint_h) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I highly doubt anybody with enough cash to buy one of those will worry about changing spark plugs.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 9:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Tom. Yep still riding. Haven't used a shorty yet...but may soon have to cave on that point. Give us some Indian summer stuff!

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I guess my comment may have been too subtle.

By dane (greatdane) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 9:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, I just read this thread! Geeze, you guys take me more seriously than I do!

And, by the way, I really enjoyed Fredrik's post.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How can I get 2 engines in my SAN. that would be sick!

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 4:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the orange color scheme.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com