Want to get a new prop Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Want to get a new prop « Previous Next »
By Jon Manzo (zo1) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey all,

Need to get a new prop for our I/O. Currently have a Land and Sea variable pitch. Between the force out of the hole with this prop and the drag from the rider it can be scary... When I was getting up on the skate the other day, the bow was pointing almost straight out of the water. My fiance almost s*** her suit, thought she was going to flip the boat...

Anyway, what would you reco? 18 foot I/O with a V-6 210 HP. Gonna weight the front with some sand or lead as well...

Thanks!!!

(Message edited by zo1 on September 29, 2003)

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
20 pitch, 4 blade aluminum.

Better value compared to stainless steel.

By SFVARA SV609 (svfara) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A 4 blade aluminum will defintely help, but if you've got the $$, defintely go for the 5 blade stainless, well worth the extra money.

I had a 19ft I/O 4.3L EFI, probably same engine as yours.
I ran the 4 blade aluminum first and was ecstatic with the performance. Then I bought the 5 blade stainless and it blew the 4 blade away!
I use a 21 pitch.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com