After 135 days & 6,500 miles....... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » After 135 days & 6,500 miles....... « Previous Next »
By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 12:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's here finally. Beautiful, I am not disappointed. I'll post some more pics when the ballast, graphics & stereo is complete.

Thanks to the Sanger crew for there help & advice, especially Barry & Ty, you guys rock.

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 7:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice! I'm sure you are one of a few with a boat like that in NZ!

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darren, Congrats on the new ride, we can see how stoked you are to get her.

By Barry (barry) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Finally!! I was wondering how much longer it would be. It looks great, Darren!
Now tell your buddy to take his shoes off when stepping on the fender, he's going to scratch it.

Enjoy!

B-

By CBrown (powdrhound) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 5:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude Its the one and only in NZ (as far as I know)
and it looks sherweeet. Nice one D
Must be a hard decision now though... sleep in the boat... sleep with your wife...sleep in the boat ...sleep with your wife ..yeah sleep in the boat with your wife!!!

(Message edited by powdrhound on September 29, 2003)

By Josh Robinson (pyrosmurf) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hehehe, I can't wait to have a set behind it Darren...

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah! Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Let the projects begin.

By Chad (healing) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just out of curiosity how much was the shipping? I assume from California right? And how many days did it spend on the sea crossing the pond? Oh yeah and pro flight towers rock!

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 1:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yup, got a few little jobs to do, I'll start on the stereo this weekend and do the ballast next hopefully. I can put the lead in straight away I guess (thanks Gramps, 550 pounds under the front seats!) I can't wait to have a set behind it myself, hell I haven't even driven it yet, went today for a possible drive but the weather woudn't play ball. Shipping was 10k NZ or 5,800 US, yes from Cali, 4-5 weeks.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 4:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A couple more pics:

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maiden voyage last night. Damn, beyond all expectations, words do not explain.

Andy stretching out behind the drivers seat, try that in an x-2!
Sorry about the cheesey grins
Check the wake out in the back ground, at 21mph with NO blallast. Dang, bring on 10 hours.

By charley carvalho (wakeeater) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
add a 200 lead under front seats,300steellead wat ever in back compartments and a fat sac in teh bow if you want it ta ramp out a little. o and i forgot an 80 foot rope trust me on that

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome!! Congratulations!

How did you like that prop? What was the top end with no ballast and 4 in the boat?

I ask because we dinged ours, and have just ordered a new Acme 653 (similar to yours)

I see the snaps, wheres the bow cover?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 6:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The prop is smooth as silk and the boat accelerates like it is on NOS, but I have nothing to compare it too, so take that with a grain on salt.

Not sure what the top end is because I haven't taken it above 4500 revs yet, it does about 42mph at 4500.

I left the bow cover at home, which wasn't good cause it was fricken cold, its solid white with a blue stripe down the middle, opposite to the bimini top.

I moved the boat back on the trailer and the tongue load is now down to 200 pounds so I'm pretty happy about putting the lead in the front now. Thanks Charley, I have 550 pounds for under the bow seats. Custom ballast bags turned up today, 740 pounder for the ski locker and 500 pounder square sacs for the back lockers. Tower box should be back from the painters by Friday. Yippie!

By charley carvalho (wakeeater) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
don't forget to get 10 ft of rope extensions u might call me crazy but it worth it and the wake is unbeatable back there at around 26 when your boarding. haha trust me i used ta ride behind one a lot but haven't for a while

By Phimple (phimple) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 8:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mate....congrats

Awesome, you will be thrilled just in time for the good weather to start. It would hae been too cold up till now, but it will be just coming right soon.

I look forward to the project pics.

You will have to do a South Island tour so we can hook up. Lake Wanaka for New Years!

By Phimple (phimple) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you sell your old boat in the end?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yup, the project pics should be posted within a week, started the stereo up last night, Dang sounds good. Hopefully next Christmas we will hire a camper van and do a road trip through the SI, yes will we drop in to see you. The old boat is sold conditional on finance, hopefully it will be gone in a week or two.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 7:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
New prop is here and on!

We are wimps, even in the middle of summer, we always have that bow cover on.

Charley, you are right. After adding the locker sacs, I had to start adding line & increasing speed.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com