one week ballast project completed!!! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » one week ballast project completed!!! « Previous Next »
By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
New intake through hull 1 1/4".
through hull
I added two more pumps.
3pumps
was

2 more pumps
is

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ball valve on intake

ball valve
pvc manifold

pvc manifold
two relays and a circuit breaker per pump

top off
switches and circuit breakers in dash

switrches
and

bow switch

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
through hull vents

vent
and two new custom bags for the rear lockers

lockerbags

What do you think? Did I miss anything?

Sorry about the blurry pics.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 12:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, wicked job Wes. I start mine this weekend or next.

By William (sonicr1) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 1:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man, that is high tech!!! Very nice neat install!!!!

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
very cool. who makes the sacs in the rear?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanx guys!

Also thanks to all who posted on this topic, much love for making this job easier. (It was still a b*&%$ though)

Ty those are made by your namesake Ty at Flexable Alternatives tyb@flexalt.com
Totaly custom. I gave him some measurements, fitting size, and locations.

I still like your batt. box idea.

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hear ya man, I was just thinking today about how helpful everyone is in this forum.

By KC (desertrover) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wes, what was the cost for the custom bags and did you have 2 or 3 openings?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks. great work...
what do you estimate weight at on the rear sacs?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 9:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
KC I paid $300 for both, plus all the fittings, hose, and clamps.

They have a 1" fitting on the bottom by the transom for fill/drain.

Also there is a 3/4" vent fitting on top in the front.

Ty, Ty said the locker would hold 600+ lbs. of H2O. But I only wanted 450. We ended up making the bag a little big. This could be taken in at a lator date.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my boat being a year previous does not have the covered battery box. it has a pedestal with the battery on it that takes up a ton of space. I use the fat buddies in ours.
I am running 765 pounds in the front and 560 plus extra batteries in the rear.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now I need more in front.

left bag full
with both bags full she took a little while to plane. Speed control was a pain. Sounds like time to re-prop and add PP. As my father-in-law always says "Its not a problem that cant be solved, just throw some money at it"

swimstep under H20

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 6:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what are you running in the front?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 5:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The locker has a bag similar to the one you have. I measured it and Ty built it to fill the entire locker. Im not sure how much is in there though. Plus we have 400 lbs in lead under the bow seats.
lead

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What prop you running now Wes?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 5:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The stock OJ 13 x 13 four blade. Even without the bags in the back, if we have too many people in the back or are at altitude, it takes a little time to get up on plane.

Hows your new ride?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 6:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's beautiful. I haven't got it in the water yet due to crap weather all week. Totally blown away with the build quality & design. It's in peices at the mo due to the stereo install.
I got a custom 3 blade acme 13 x 11.5 on mine, I'll let you know how it goes.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 9:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think thats very similar to the one I need! Want to trade? Never mind I cant wait that long. We are planning to ride 3 days this weekend. I cant wait to surf this thing!

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whats your tongue load? I just weighed mine without any lead and its at 450 pounds already. Much more than I expected or am comfortable with really. I'm going to move the boat back a bit but not sure how much difference that will make.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That swim step looks good underwater! Whats the wake like once its on the plane?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darren, the tongue weight? Its gotta be <850 lbs.

The wake is a lot bigger, and very steep or virt. It was launching me up pritty high (for me). Very fun!!!

I ride 70' back @ 22-23mph. But now it feels like I took 10' out. Theres clean wake 15' behind me. Im going to get some 5' line extensions and check it out.

By jan w (jwag) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whats the skinny on the pumps?

The system looks great Wes.

(Message edited by jwag on October 03, 2003)

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 5:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jan thanx!

The pumps are the Simmer BW8512 $69- from BE atlas
Shipped 800-305-4393

Flexable impeller, reversable, very nice. We've had real good luck with ours. Just put a little oil in with the impeller every now and then.

There are many posts on these, try the "search"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com