custom cooler? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » custom cooler? « Previous Next »
By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 3:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My dads sea ray had the best cooler on a boat I've seen yet. the lid was mounted flush on the dash on passenger side and the cooler was deep and long enough for a case of beer or whatever. Had a drain to the outside of the hull too. Anyone know of a custom cooler services?

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 6:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There isn't too much to a cooler, fiberglass, a bit of insulation and a drain. I would think that it would make an ideal DIY project, it doesn't have to be pretty because most of it is hidden anyway. My Toyota has a massive cooler, I can fit a case of beer, case of soda and two bags of ice. It is under the passenger seat and drains to the bilge.

By eric fox (fox) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have one in the floor of my Nautique. It holds a case plus ice and will drain into the bilge and pump out with the bilge water.

Eric

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 6:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cool boat in your profile, you should stick a tower on it!

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 11:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Eric: Do you have a Photo of your Cooler, thanks

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My Nautique has things described as coolers, but they totally lacked insulation. I fixed that probem by gluing sheets of styrofoam to the outside and injecting some of that exapanding insulation stuff into the inaccessible spots. Now they will actually keep ice for a few hours.

By eric fox (fox) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Psyclone,

It has original colors that I haven't seen together. I was told it was one year only and this was the only one sold new in North Carolina.

I'd put a tower on it, but I live on a lake and really have no need for the storage, so the pylon really works well for me.

Grant, I can take a picture this weekend. It basically is a hole in the floor, next to the drivers seat with a two part lid. It's handy and it keeps ice long enough for me. Like I said, I have a dock so I can keep a cooler close by or run into the house. My plan for next year is to install a kegerator on the dock.

Eric

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 7:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A lake house is by far the coolest boat accessory:-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com