SORE HANDS Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » SORE HANDS « Previous Next »
By scott smith (sherman) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok need a little help now my boarding is starting to improve now BUT I cut so hard my hands are getting sore I wear good gloves but is their a handle that is easy on your hands
scott

By aaron wilson (absolutofft) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you could wear gloves, but then you would be a waterskier :P

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What part of your hands are getting sore? Is it a muscle soreness, or are you getting blisters?

If you are getting muscle soreness, try relaxing! There is only a couple of points during the cut that you need a tight grip. If you are holding the handle the entire time in a death grip, your hands will get tired and sore.

If you are getting blisters, try it without the gloves. My experience is that the material from the gloves bunches up and ends up pinching my hands. Another option is to cut the finger tips out of the gloves so there isn't as much material to deal with.

Using a different handle might help. If you were not wearing gloves then I would recommend a handle that had a nice grip. I like the "waffle" grips. With gloves, you may be having difficulty getting your fingers to wrap around a small diameter handle, so try a larger one.

Note that it is not unusual for a rider to bring his own handle along with his own board. This is especially true when you are doing tricks that involve a handle pass, as the width, shape and weight of the handle can throw you off, especially when starting off.

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This might be a lame idea, which is what I thought at first too, but Overtons has these hand protectors for like $3 a pair and I wear them under my gloves and my hands don't callas up anymore and I can ski everyday. But you have to listen to the ridicule from fellow lakegoers!

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
get an eva gfoam handle

By Gordon (rake) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 11:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott,

I've got a 15" eva grip handle I'll bring on Saturday. Yellow even to match the boat!

Gordon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com