vlx wakesurfin weight?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » vlx wakesurfin weight?? « Previous Next »
By nacidude (nacidude) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i put a full sac in the passenger locker, one
in front of the rear seat,fat buddy on passenger
seat,how bout youguys

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 9:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The big wave makes surfing!

1) mls ski locker bag filled (350 lbs)
2) 400 lbs of lead under the back seat as far left as possible.
3) 600 lbs of water in the rear left locker (Budda bag).
4) all people to the left (except for the driver).
5) speed = 10.3 on PP

On my VLX, the rub rail is running just under the water line for the entire back half of the boat.

surf_wake

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have surfed in my VLX with only the wedge, a locker sack one person on the platform and driver. I prefer a bigger wake, but didn't want to fill everything

By Andrew Johnson (painterdrew) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
03 VLX
Locker sack full + 250 lbs of steel plate in the nose.
Rear tank full on whatever side we are riding + 500 lbs of plate steel on the same side in the rear storage as far back as possible.
Every one in the boat o the side we are side we are riding.
PP 10.5
Wave will curl and is over waist high

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 11:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wedge Down
240 pounds of lead in back between both sides
back MLS filled on the riders side
front MLS empty
all people on riders side in back
Perfect Pass on 10

Hey Matthew,

Do you really let someone on your ski platform while riding? THat is a huge fine and a big chance for someone to die from CO gas. Just a heads up. Looking out for a fellow boarder.

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 7:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I work with all the marine patrol so a fine is not a problem, and for the exhaust fumes, the person on the back kind of lays back on the sunpad after the rider throws them the rope. We switch people in the back every rider. Thanks for the concern though Rod:-)

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow wakesurfing thereís a waste of time. And us wakeboarders get mad at tubers and jet skiers for messing up the water, pretty hypocritical if you ask me considering all your doing is sending triple up size rollers every where. NICE WORK!!!!

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shawn, I think most of us bust out the surfboard on weekends when the water is too rough to wakeboard, at least I do.

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe thatís the case for some but from what ive seen on my home lake and at oraville people like to choose the calmest spots on the lake and just to circles, which in turn absolutly destroys the water.

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 11:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't ever do circles that is a myth:-) I board on a long narrow lake and the big rollers just crash on the shore. If there is smooth water I am boarding!

By Texas (tabiggs) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no weight, first time , How Far Back can you ride???

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com