tips on replacing impeller on a MC v ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » tips on replacing impeller on a MC v drive « Previous Next »
By Al O (alo) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 7:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I need to replace the impellar on my 02 x star. can you guys give me any tips on how to replace it. i couldnt remove the old impellar so im going to give it a try tomorrow with the L shaped pliers. is there anything else you guys think i should be aware of? thanks!!

By gid (whazzup) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 7:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The best way to do it is:
1.Spray WD40 inside the impeller, then crank your engine so the impeller turns. Pull your lanyard off so the engine doesnt start accidentally.
2.Get 2 sharp picks and line the shafts with elec. tape or thin rubber hose. The hose will protect the soft brass impeller housing so you dont damage it.
3.Slowly pry out the impeller using both picks at the same time, one on either end. It should come out fairly easy.
4.Lubricate the new impeller with WD40 and turn the impeller as you push it in. Screw the cover on with the gasket and your done.(Dont over-tightnen the screws, they can break)

By KC (desertrover) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 11:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check the malibu technical section they have a write up on how to and a special tool to do it with. I don't remember the name on the tool. The Indmar engines are the same for MBU and MC.

KC

By KC (desertrover) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 11:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is the web site address for the write up on how to: (MBU, great info thanks!)

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/propswap.php

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
He wants to change the impeller not the propeller.

By KC (desertrover) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oops, sorry wronge web page.
I lost the old link for the impeller changing info.

KC

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com