slider can you help Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » slider can you help « Previous Next »
By Jon Mitchell (jon43) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking of building a slider for next season does any one know how to biuld somthing simple out of pvc

By MATT (mattbob) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We build our entire slider out of PVC and it works great.
Sorry I don't have better pictures to show you the frame without the side curtains installed.
We build our slider so the you can adjust the height.

In this pictire the slider is raised.
Side View
Crash

By KC (desertrover) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, can you give more specifics on the parts you used? It looks like there are 4 plastic barrels held by a 3/4 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe container like frame that also holds up the 2 4 inch slider rails. It also looks like you don't anchor the unit to the bottom but simply stabilize it with sand bags tied to it by ropes. The side curtains look rubbery but I can't tell what they are.

Great pics!

By MATT (mattbob) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 5:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The frame is made of 1.5" schedule 40 pvc. Some of the joints were hard to find and we had to order them from a plumbing supply store. The frame boxes in 5 plastic barrels.
The rails are made of 4" pvc that is fastened to a 4x8 piece of lumber using large toggle bolts.
It is anchored using 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete. We use four buckets- one on each corner.
We can't leave our slider in the middle of the lake so we used the buckets because we can pull them up at the end of the day. I think the sand bags you see are actually the buoys that we have tied off to the buckets so we don't loose them.
The side curtains are just plywood but we covered them with black indoor/outdoor carpet. It works great because the wet carpet is very slipery and you just slide right off. No rug burns yet.
It is very stable. Notice how stable it is in picure 3 with a rider hitting the side and the wash from an X2 at 16mph.
Here is one more pic. It is picture of me bailing out after realizing how high the slider really was. With it raised it is about 8.5' at the top.

By BS Boarder (bsboarder) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So, is it easy to pick that black carpet out of your teeth?

By KC (desertrover) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 11:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How tall is the rail (Unraised) set at when the frame is on dry land? How did you make the rail adjustable?

By MATT (mattbob) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 7:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It sits about 3.5' high when on dry land.
One end of the rail is hinged with large metal braces around the pvc frame. The other end is lifted up and then we insert the vertical 4" piece of pvc under it to hold it up. The bottom of the vertical piece is boxed in very tight to keep it from moving and the top has a wood piece on it to hold the rails. To lower it we simply take out the vertical piece and let the rails down onto the frame.
I highly recommend using PVC for the frame.
It is very strong. It is also very heavy. I need to figure out how to pull it out of the lake for the winter.

BS Boarder- You should ask your carpet munching Mom how she cleans her teeth. Then get off your slaloam ski and come down and wakeboard this weekend. Damn short rope, buoy runnin, roller bichin, glove wearin, one ski skiin, skier.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com