New system (or why CC maybe isn't th... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » New system (or why CC maybe isn't that dumb :-p) « Previous Next »
By Wes (pesos) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Picked up my boat today with the new system installed. HUGE thanks to Grant and Harold for all the great advice and equipment assistance. Also to Christie and JR & Putien for going out of their way to hook me up with a tow. Sean for recommending Warlocks, and Paul and Jaime for doing such a great job with the install.

sub
Original 10" free air kicker sub and 4 channel kicker amp.

newsub
newsubclose
New JL Audio 12w7 12" sub/box. I finally figured out why CC designed the clamshell - to give you easy access to your sub box :-p

cooler
Correct Craft put this lame cooler here that I hadn't used once since you have to lift the cushion AND then this cover to get to it.

amps
So the amps now live here instead, with a custom alumnium mounting. A JL 1000/1 drives the sub, and a PPI pcx-4125 does the tower and main boat speakers.

fan
fan
Inside and outside shot of cooling fan.

eq
Eclipse preamp/eq for easy tower fading and ipod input. Next project is a convenient mount for the ipod.

battery
Stock battery.

isolator
Isolator and amp fuses.

newbattery
One of the two new batteries.

tower1
tower2
tower3
Titan Tower speakers (kicker drivers).

wide
Other than the tower speakers and eq under the dash, everything still looks stock, and will be easily reversible.

Can't wait to try it out on the water and get everything tuned just right. Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Wes

(Message edited by pesos on September 25, 2003)

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice

By Harold (wikd281) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweet! So> how does it sound? Thats what its all about bro! Give us some feedback> does the 12" sub rock or what? That sub box> they had to take off the panel on the left side of the boat to fit it in eh? It looks like it takes up every little last space available> how much air space did you go with?
Looks killer!
Great job man!

By Wes (pesos) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks Harold - it sounds reeeally good. looking forward to getting to try it out on the water this weekend. the original amp panel is actually still there, just hard to see. the box does use every little bit of space possible and ended up with somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 cu feet of airspace. I need to get the exact specs from Paul tomorrow (he had to leave before i picked it up).

By John (hyperryd) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 11:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice setup man! I bet the observer seat is the ladies favorite. I hope you enjoy it.

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw your boat while the install was being done really liked the amp mounts. Glad it worked out well.
Later Sean

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
it is hard to get to your sub box while underway!

do you notice a big volume difference with hatch open and closed? that is why I went to a sub box at the drivers feet. also really, really like the dry storage.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice job on a nice ride.

By John Richard (jrichard) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweet! That looks great, Wes. Now where's my truck?

JR

By Wes (pesos) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dropped it off about an hour ago, hope i didn't wake you guys up ;-)

Tim it still sounds great with the hatch closed, not a big difference in volume. you don't feel the air in the back seat though like you do when it's open :-p

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wes, I have a Jeep that overheats while towing - you can barrow at any time.

Sweet system.

Now you have enough storage for everyone to bring three peanuts and one water to share for lunch!

:-) just playin :-)

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 10:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks great Wes.

By Wes (pesos) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 10:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the peanuts might be pushing it!

By Mark B. (sickboy) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice setup Wes, looks sic!!

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
wes, that's great that the volume is the same. with the 'bus it is literally 10dB or more if you put it in that compartment.

(Message edited by timmy on September 26, 2003)

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Right on Wes" Good to see you fianly got you system together, Looks Killer
BOOOM!

By John Richard (jrichard) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I found my truck...

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wes, nice job, I really like the amps in the cooler spot. that space is useless.
I talked to Warlock last week about doing an install for me but when I asked about how to hook up the ipod he had no idea about the eq. they were talking about using a fm modulator which I know sounds terrible. Did you tell him about how to hook an ipod?
Also, I can't wait to see how you mount the ipod, please post pics.

By Wes (pesos) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the eq has rca inputs on it, so the ipod can plug directly in with a mini->rca cable. I just gotta figure out how to mount the thing

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com