MC V-drive Shower Location Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » MC V-drive Shower Location « Previous Next »
By KC (desertrover) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 8:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone out there have photos of their Mastercraft V-drive shower placement?

I have an X-30 and am looking for recommendations on shower motor and knobs placement. The best location I see is on top of the hard ballast tanks in the rear compartments. Of course, I am concerned about the obvious danger of putting a hole in the tanks with any screw placement. Inside the rear compartment the back wall is pretty flimsy for holding the shower motor/pump but would be OK for the knobs except that down there would be very difficult to get to for adjusting the temp.
Anyone with recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, KC

By Whit (whit) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 4:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mount it on the rear transom. I've always had mine in the middle, mounted to the metal air intake cover. Easy to adjust, easy to use, and the boat stays dry.

By KC (desertrover) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Whit that looks like a great place for the shower.

KC

By Larry (larry6) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 9:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some images from the back of my 2003 X2.

Shwer
Shower 2

By KC (desertrover) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry,

Is that the shower head on the right side panel?
Excellent pics, thanks.

By KC (desertrover) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry/Whit, where is your shower pump mounted?

By Larry (larry6) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 4:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
KC yes that is the quick disconnect for the shower head itself, my pump is mounted underneath the rear seat storage area.

By John Diefel (john_d) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is mine no quick disconnect the hose feeds through the pump is in the rear of the right storage compartment. You might have to modify the bracket.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The shower set-ups on MCs are the slickest I've seen, by far. I wish my boat had an indentation for a similar mounting arrangement.}

By airfreak (airfreak) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
02 x-star. I have posted pic last year, but can't find them at the moment. I mounted my shower in the rear of my trunk. Put the pump on the BACK side of the panel that covers the ballast pump and mounted the shower valve through the panel. I'll try to find some pics.

In my old bayliner, I put a barb in the manifold and a short hose to a shutoff valve. Just open the valve and fill up a rubber maid container. Mix with lake water if it gets hot. Nice for soaking the feat and hands. $5.00

By KC (desertrover) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 11:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well I checked on my 02 X30 and the area in the stern where the vent tubes are doesn't look like it could hold the plate for the hot/cold shower knobs. The MC boats (probably 03's or 04's) shown on this thread have an awsome location for the shower install but my 02 does not. Anyone out there with an 02 MC Vdrive that have a factory install of the shower? Enlightenment needed.

By John Diefel (john_d) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
KC,
My boat is a 02 X-star It had a solid plate covering that area but your dealer should be able to get you the cutout plate that opens that area up or you may just be able to cut a hole in the plate that is there now.

By KC (desertrover) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John, on my 02 X30 the transom is round from left to right. There is no plate or cut out section.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com