Can You Hit a Small Wake? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Can You Hit a Small Wake? « Previous Next »
By Derick Stokes (derick) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 1995 star craft with a pylon and 120hp motor. It does not have a large wake, but I was wondering if you could get some air off that?

By Phimple (phimple) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have good technique you can do back flips in the flats...

That said get some ballast and have some fun until you can get something that throws a bigger wake.

The great thing about wakeboarding is that the fun you get from it doesn’t have to be proportional to the size of your boat, just look at all the people that like cable parks….

By bird (veganx) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Learning behind a boat with a small wake will force you to learn proper technique, which will make you a better rider in the long run. Most of the riders I've seen who started with a big wake are sloppier than riders who started with a small wake. Big wakes are fun, but they allow you to be lazy...not good for a beginner. If you're edging and timing your pop correctly you shouldn't have a problem learning most beginner-intermediate level tricks behind your boat without any additional weight.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com