how close can a 90 degree go to a rev... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » how close can a 90 degree go to a reversible pump? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 9:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have a simer pump and might need to put a 90 degree turn on it, can i put it on the pump outlet or do i need to distance it a bit from the pump?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That should be fine Ty, the impeller pumps produce plenty of head, its the centrifugal pumps that need straight runs in and out.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
darren,
you get your boat yet?

also, simer just emailed me back and said a y is ok but a 90 would have to be 12" away.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
darren,
you get your boat yet?

also, simer just emailed me back and said a y is ok but a 90 would have to be 12" away.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes a 90 too close to the pump creates a problem. When I did version 1 I used a 90 and could not drain the rear sacks. Instead of using a 90 on my new system I just used longer hose and seem to get less flow restriction from a bend than from a 90. I also mounted my pumps lower in the boat.

What are you working on now… ? I though your system was already complete??

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
darren,
you get your boat yet?

jeff,
i am adding two more sacs to it currently.

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 90 degee coming out of the pump plus then another probably 15 feet away I have a series of 90's in my splitting valves. It works fine and has been working great all year.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ships been delayed of course. Gets in on Sunday now. Will probably be able to collect it on Monday is it has been pre cleared. Oh well, its good for my patience gland.

By notidad (noti_dad) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can someone tell me who makes those reversable pumps and what's the GPH? I want a couple so I don't have to keep switching ends for a added system.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WWW.SIMERPUMP.COM
OOPS caps

it says 600, but i think it is 580 actually but seems to work very quickly

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 7:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty , where are you mounting your pumps? Same location? Did you change your H20 intake?

Im also adding #2 & #3. Pics to follow.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 5:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Simer model 1285 is 8.5gpm or 510gph actual NOT the 10gpm or 600gph that they advertise.

Those marketing types never seem to get the data quite right

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 6:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am actually taking it out of the small battery box. after owning for a while i realize i do not need the box. I looked around for relocation and cannot find anything. I am just moving it back right up against the boat batt. i am using ball valves to manifold the sacs. i am doing it differently though. on the rear two sacs I am putting the valve just before the quick release to the sacs. Very simple but you know the motto "keep it simple stupid".

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com