Mastercraft/Jabsco ballast pumps Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Mastercraft/Jabsco ballast pumps « Previous Next »
By William (sonicr1) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 4:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I know I have killed this topic, but I just got back from dropping my boat off to get the pumps fixed, and the mechanic said that the fix is to change from a 500 cca battery to a 1000 cca battery... OK, I see where more power is better, but I was under the impression that certain guage wiring can basicly only hold "x" amount of current as apposed to "x%." Make sense? (I did not get a chance to ask the mechanic before I left). Anyway, he's promises this will solve the problem, but I'm not convinced yet.

By dane (greatdane) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The wire resists current from the battery that provides current. It is possible that a higher current battery will solve the problem. Yet, it also suggests that your alternator/battery combination is not adequate for this load for a long period of time. Not a huge worry unless you plan on running the pumps for extended periods of time.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The only real fix for those pumps.....replace them with another brand!

By William (sonicr1) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
lol... Kevin, I'm starting to think you are right!!!

Thanks Dane!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com