TO ALL TIGE OWNERS HOW 2 GET THE WAKE... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » TO ALL TIGE OWNERS HOW 2 GET THE WAKE 2 STOP ROLLN « Previous Next »
By vincent salvaggio (vinydapoon) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 5:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WELL I AM SURE THIS WILL BE A GOOD TOPIC. THE PROBLEM WITH THE OLDER HULL DESIGN ON TIGE BOATS WAS THE SPRAY POCKETS. THOSE ARE THE 4 FEETX3X3 CUT OUT ON THE SIDES OFF THE HULL. IF YOU WATCH THE WAKE WHEN RIDING BEHIND YOUR BOAT THE SPRAY POCKETS SEND A LINE TO THE WAKE AND THE WAKE ROLLS OVER AT THAT POINT EXCATLY. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO SOME OF THE PROS LIKE ERIC RUCK AND NICK W. TO SEE HOW THEY KNEW TO STOP THE WAKE FROM ROLLING OVER WHEN THE BOAT IS WEIGHTED DOWN . JOKENLY THESE SAID ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IF FILL IN THE SPRAY POCKETS AND THE WAKE WILL STOP ROLLING OVER. WELL ITS ALMOST DONE TWO GALLON OF FIBERGLASS AND TWO QUARTS OF GELCOAT AND WE SHOULD BE FINISHED THIS WEEKEND. PLUS IT ADDS ABOUT 200 POUNDS TO THE BACK OF THE BOAT FOR EVEN A BIGGER WAKE. JSUT WANTED TO HER SOME INPUT ON WHAT YALL THINK ABOUT THE PROCESS AND WHEN WE ARE DON EAND ITS SUPPOSE TO WORK EVEN TIGE AGREED . IF ANY ONE WOULD BE INTRESTED. IN THE PROCESS

By Alan (tigeal) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 6:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
caps lock off, PLEASE!

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 7:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Keep us updated. I almost did that on my 2002 22i Type R, but decided to take the easy route and get a 2003 22V instead! If you do it correctly, it should make a big difference.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Someone here in San Diego had it done by the local Tige dealer when Tige was first testing it and it worked really well. Definitely cleaned up the wake and all you have to do is look at the new boats and see that the pockets are gone.

By Porter (mikep) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya, your wake should be dialed. Once they took out those spray pockets the problem was solved in the new models.

By dane (greatdane) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Funny how Tige owners were in denial of this problem before Tige fixed the problem. :-)

By Scooby Doo (oshensurfer) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 1:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Question: Centurion has the same problem on theirs. Looks like the Enzo took care of it. Any idea on the cost for that infill from a gel coat shop?

By vincent salvaggio (vinydapoon) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 7:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am working up the cost to do this. on any boat the shop i am working with is goign to ofeer the process.. aslong as it works as goos as its suppose to....

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 8:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is no coincidence that they have the same problem since the early Tige hulls all came from older Centurion Ski boat hulls.

However over the last few years Centurion has
been changing there V drive hulls.

The only V drive that Centurion has with spray pockets is the Hurricane.

The Enzo, Avalanche and Cyclone all run on variations of the same hull.

By Scooby Doo (oshensurfer) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Please post the cost when you have it figured. The difference is that my pockets are only 1X1X1 or so. I'd be really interested. Not sure where you're at though but I'm sure I can convince a shop nearby to tackle it as long as I can have them contact you.

(Message edited by oshensurfer on September 25, 2003)

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 8:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What's the difference between what you guys are talking about and the cut-outs on the X-Star? Does it work on the X-Star because it is wider or something?

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The x-star is not wider than a Tige.

By vincent salvaggio (vinydapoon) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i noticed the new cut in the new x star , there weer non in the old x star- x-2 now ..its the way it touches the water and makes a break in the wake

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My buddy has a 21V, he was looking into doing it. The local Tige' dealer can do it for around $1000. The only time the wake curls in when it's choppy. He's running 600 in the bow walkway and 350 on each side, it's nice in clean at 80'. We ride 24-25 with taps inbetween 3-4.

By Garrett J Gross (waken23v) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 23V and would be interested this also. I understand it was originaly designed to still give a ski wake. Since I don't ski... why not get rid of the roll. Would this increase the surface area of the hull making the boat not sink as much? Hence, a smaller wake unless you really weight it down.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im not sure the surface area would come into play much, since the spray pockets are still submereged, the surface area just sits up a bit higher in the water, plus its not all that big of an area so i wouldnt worry about it all too much.

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 5:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Couldn't you see how it works with some styrofoam blocks cut to size covered with duct tape and a little epoxy glue on the leading edge of the duct tape? At least you would know if its worth the $$.

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 7:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gee, I thought there was nothing wrong with the Tige' wake. Boy if we could only access those two year old very spirited debate concerning Tige' hulls and wakes. Tige' owners finannly got beat into submission and will tape foam under the boat if it will help make a good wake. Ridiculous to have to go thorugh all of that.

Brett said he loved his 22I Type R, but I recall telling him that once he rides behind a boat with a real wake, he would sell the 22i. Brett continued to push the 22I boat as the greatest since sliced bread whenever anyone asked questions about it when in the back of your mind, you know the wake had issues, you thought about modifications to the hull and hence, you bought a new boat to get out of that hull just as I predicted.

I hope you guys don't keep steering newbies down the 20i, 21i, and 22i path just so they will be in a Tige' when we all know that a hard core wakeboarder will be miserable behind those boats. Not doing them a favor. They will just end up loosing money trying to resell the I series within a year so that they can get a hull that throws a nice wake. (What they wanted in the first place).

I mean missery loves company, but come on.

By Alan (tigeal) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doug your still lurkin' out there with some unfinished issues I see. I cleaned up my curling wake with a VLX.

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hahaha, The VLX will do it.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I talked to one of the guys that originally tested this modification and his advice was DON'T DO IT. It turns out that it does clean up the wake but there is too much stress on that area of the hull and so the patch will end up cracking and will need constant repair.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You speak of pre '03 I series boats.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doug, you are a dick and seriously need some professional help with your boat issues. I would challenge you to find any of my close friends to tell you I was miserable behind the 22i. It was a great boat and I even miss it. The wake was great. Was it perfect? No, but it is was a great boat. I didn't get a 22V because I wanted a better wake. You are speculating on things you have no clue on. Isn't there a word for that in your profession?

As far as losing money, I had the boat for 2 years and sold it for $2k less than I bought it. I would hardly consider that losing money.

Get some help and get a life.

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hahaha, must have struck a nerve.

By Steven Hahn (solo) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 4:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Some things never change. Lol! By the way, I miss the 22i!

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Their ganging up on me again. Hahaha. BTW, wasn't there a third? He seemed to have more vigor than you guys if I recall correctly. At least he called me more derogatory names.

I do apologize, but I got a heck of a chuckle hearing about people filling in their hulls to get a clean wake.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My trade in on my 2000 20i was 41k canadian, and we paid 41k in 2000 so.....
Anyways Doug, you have alot of opinions on wake for someone that doesnt even seem to wakeboard.

By Alan (tigeal) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My 2001 20i fetched $24K and I paid $32K, I did not do as well as you guys I guess.

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 7:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Getting too old and broken too many bones. I went at it hard for about 5 1/2 years, but since last ear drum surgery for the inner ear, I have been more focused on cars. Growing out of it, but may keep the boat for my girls to use with their friends. I have alot of opinions on cars too if you would like to hear about them.

Lets talk about credibility, Kent. You were using photos of Brett's boat over at wakeboarder.com and saying that that was your boat, until you got busted. Do you also still sign in under different names and start Tige' discussions with yourself???

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan:

I got you beat. I paid $ 30K including tower for my 1999 21i and got like $ 17k or 18k for it a year later even with the $ 3k or $ 4K of stuff I put into it and left in the boat.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 9:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah we already established that was a file name error. But you must have felt like a real man spending time on here trying to pick me apart. I believe i was 18 at the time. But you are a lawyer, I beleive, so I cant really be surprised. Gotta get your kicks somewhere I suppose.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 9:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan, I have to admit alot of the trade in value was due to our exceptional dealer, if we were somewhere else I dont think we would have fetched near the same value.

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 9:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bought my 2001 20i for 29 and sold it for 27 2 years later. If you lose too much money on these boats, you got screwed and can't admit it. Wonder who on this board got screwed? Pretty easy to tell by the comments....

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would have taken $ 15,000 . . .

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 12:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know if the wake is fixed yet, but the insults keep rollin'. this is fun to watch

By Alan (tigeal) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 3:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know I got screwed and can admit it,but that 24 beat the other offers at 20 and 22K. It cost me 8K plus financing for 120hrs. use. My bad

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 6:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah that sucks for sure Al.

By Larry Cain (talltigeguy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I own a 2002 21V and haven't noticed the wake rolling except at slower speeds (18-19 mph). Was this a problem with the direct drives only? At serious wakeboarding speeds, my wake is beautiful.

By vincent salvaggio (vinydapoon) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
well it start to rool when you add alot of weight you must not add very much, i ride 1400 int he back and 750 int he front so the wake rolls on the left side bad so we had to take alot of the wake out and so with this fix we should be able to ride with all the weight we want to , the boat as so much room why not

By Larry Cain (talltigeguy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 12:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have only 400-500 pounds of ballast routinely. I'll have to see if I get the same problem with that much weight, but generally for my skill level I don't feel a need to put 2100 pounds in the boat.

By Keith (rkg) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just out of curiousity, what are doing that you need so much weight? I run 700 in the back, 400 up front and have had guys throw huge raleys, rolls whatever with my boat. Granted, the 2003 has a better wake, but I think the old one can still perform with decent weight in them.

By vincent salvaggio (vinydapoon) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 4:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no reason really to have that much weight but i usually have like 12 people on my boat at all times , so when thre is only two or three of us have to add that much to make the wake the same way you know....always have to have all the ladies on the boat

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com