Mastercraft Sportstar Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Mastercraft Sportstar « Previous Next »
By Ben Spiegel (bens) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any comments on this boat and the wake? I'm going to look at a 1999 with the 5.7 Vortex and 364 hours, open bow. I assume it's 19 feet.
What's the difference between the sportstar and prostar?

For whatever it's worth, I've got a 91 Tristar right now.
Thanks in advance.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ben, i have a 1999 Sporstar Open Bow with the 5.7 Vortec. The hull and interior is the same as the 1998 prostar 195 and 2000 X-5, although the interior is a little more moomba-ish than typical MC, that was the whole point with the boat though, make a more affordable MC. I got mine last august for $17,500 with a zeroflex tower and 2 fat sacs with 250 hours if that helps. Its a great boat, especially for the price, with some weight(between 1200 and 1800) it throws a great wake. Not SANTE or X-Star caliber but about as good as you can get from a DD boat, its narrow beam and tapered rear help it out alot, plus you could buy four of them for the price of a new X-star, now thats some storage space. Shoot me an e-mail its in my profile, i can tell you everything you want to know about this boat.

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on September 23, 2003)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com