STEREO GURU'S HELP Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » STEREO GURU'S HELP « Previous Next »
By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have decided to add another 4 channel amp to my system. This will give me 2 4 channel amps, 6 speakers and a sub. That way I can run each set of speakers to their own channel and have the sub across 2 channels. So what i need to know is, do I need some kind of splitter for the pre amps and the blue power on wire so that both amps can get the input needed. Obviously I will run separate power cables to both amps.
Are these cables readily available single ended female to twin male?

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am no guru... but yes the splitters are available. Check out crutchfield.com

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-LQkPVvWgwxk/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=720&I=119ILJRY1F&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

You can splice the blue remote wire from one amp to the other to allow both amps to be turned on from one signal off the deck.

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Depending on the amps you have, you have 2 choices that I'm aware of.
1) most amps have "In" and "Out" RCA's. If you have the "Out" RCA then just daisy chain a Low Level cable (RCA male/male) from the "Out" of the first amp, to the "In" of the second one.
2) In not "In" "out" RCA's then just get a "Splitter" that will have a RCA female on the single end, and 2 RCA males at the other. The males for the "In" on each amp. The female comes from the line out from the head unit.
Be sure to check to see that the filters are set properly (if you have them).
Good luck.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 11:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys, it should not be a problem....
I really wanted the factory (who prewired my boat for an amp) to leave the 4 speakers in the boat hooked up to the deck and the amp would then control the tower speakers on one side and the sub across the other. They did not hook up any speakers so I now have both sets in the boat on one side, the tower speakers on the other and the sub sitting in my garage. Hence the 2nd amp.
thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

By Scooby Doo (oshensurfer) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just piggy back it off the existing amp. Split the RCA's. It's low voltage and will prevent having to wire all the way from the head.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes Scooby that is what I am doing, bought 4 monster wire splitters yesterday. Now I just have to tap into the blue wire (no problem) then run 2 6ga wires from the battery (about 2ft each). Amp will be here friday, can't wait!!!!

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok on my deck the RCA comes out with the two male ends, i thought left and right channel and plugs into the amp. The amp runs 4 speakers inside the boat while the deck runs the two in the bow. I want to add my subs and amp from my old boat, how do i wire the rca to the added amp?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com