Shower Help? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Shower Help? « Previous Next »
By Mike Morris (upupnaway) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to add a hot shower to my boat. Is there anyone who has done this themselves?
I beleive my boat had one that was removed, because there are water hoses coming from the exhaust risers that are connected together via garden hose fittings. I cannot figure what they would be for other than a shower.

I would love some info on this, or a place to go to get a manual.

Thanks.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 10:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/shower.asp

Here is an old article that might help you.
Good luck.

By Grant Stewart (elmog) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 11:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The hoses that are connected together are for winterization of your boat. You disconnect them to let them drain. They would not have been used for a shower.

By Mike Morris (upupnaway) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 4:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DOH!

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did it. The manual won't be much help as it's pretty generic. The plumbing is a cinch for a DD or V-drive. The hardest part was cutting a panel to install the temp control unit where I wanted it.

One word of caution. The pump connects to the outlet side of the temp control unit, so that part of the system is under negative pressure when the pump is running. The hose is pretty soft and flexible, especially when you run hot water through it. Make sure you have smooth bends and no kinks in the hose between the temp unit and the pump, or the hose eventually will collapse from the suction.

The best price I found was from M&M Watersports (http://www.mmwatersports.com/). Their current advertised price is $169.95, with free shipping.

By Mike Morris (upupnaway) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there any danger of the water supply getting too lean in the motor or exhaust system?

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The same units are offered as optional equipment by boat manufacturers, and they've been around for years without problems. It would appear that the raw water pump has more than enough capacity to handle cooling and the shower. At any rate, I've never seen the temp gauge move when the shower was on.

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 6:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put one in my 90 Sanger.To easy.If you can read directions,you can do it.If it's a DD then you'll need some extra hose,you can get it at Home Depot.With all the other stuff the ttl price is about 200 bucks.Well worth it.

By KC (desertrover) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 11:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a web site with the info you need for DIY install of the shower.

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/shower.php

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com