2004 Moomba Mobius XLV Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2004 Moomba Mobius XLV « Previous Next »
By Jory Privett (joryp) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 10:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking into purchasing a 2004 Moomba Mobius XLV and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this boat? Also, does anyone have anything to say about Waterski Boats of Dallas? They are the closest dealer to me and so far have been really good. I would like to here anything good or bad about either of these. Thanks

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jory,

I'm not positive, but I think Marty Head works there. He is a well respected poster here. I'd work with him if you can.

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 8:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jory,

The 2004 XLV is an amazing boat. I am the Arkansas Moomba and Supra dealer and I got to ride in the boat at the dealers meeting. Stock ballast was maybe half full and it had one of the nicest wakes I've ever seen. Waterski Boats of Dallas is a good place to get your boat. Marty is a great guy from what I hear.

By Sean Bouse (sean123) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jory...

WSBD is an amazing dealer.. I have purchased 3 boats from them and they go out of thier way with customer service. From the 1st boat on they have treated me with respect and have delivered everything they have promised plus some. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the next boat from them.

Sean

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Jory, if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I should have the XLV here very soon, and then will do a couple of demo days with it for anyone that wishes to check it out. This boat will be the Gravity Games Edition as well.

Thanks

Marty McFly
Waterski Boats Dallas

By NoneYa (noneya) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 11:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah I second the opinion about WSB Dallas, great customer service.

By Rick Tinker (rickt) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Marty,

Just second QC'd your XLV....so it should be leaving here any day!!

(Message edited by RickT on September 23, 2003)

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Great! I am looking forward to it! Thanks

We will give a complete review as soon as we get it on the water!

McFly

By Jory Privett (joryp) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hope you don't get to attached to it Marty. If I get to test drive it this weekend I have a very good feeling it will come home with me if everything goes well. Everyone seems to think you guys are a great dealership and this is going to be one Bad A** boat.

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shouldn't be a problem, Jory. We will fix you up. We will take care of you with that "September Special" as well. Just keep it under your hat!

Hopefully we will both be cruising in one of these this weekend!

McFly

By Don French (bandit33) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 2:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Affirmative on the good service from WSBD. They have been a pleasure to deal with.

By Mike Morris (upupnaway) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Congrats! when you get it, Could you post some pics of the wake when it is fully loaded? I am thinking of getting one of those next year. I have an older mobius, and I need more room.

By matt (supraman) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've already beaten this topic to death, but I'll give it one more go: this boat is INCREDIBLE. I got to ride one of the first production models off the line with some factory guys and it was amazing. I can't believe how big the boat is, and what a great wake it puts out. A huge boat with a core wake should be an oxymoron, but in this case it's not.

Like the new X-star, storage on this thing is amazing. You can EASILY store five boards with bindings out of sight without infringing on any of the ballast areas. The boat pulls out AMAZINGLY well, even with loaded Gravity Games sacks. The stadium seating and built in cooler spot are great touches. Also, I've got the playpen seating in my SSV, and you think it would be lame until you get it and then you realize how much extra storage it gives you, in addition to being another rear facing seat plus wind screen.

My only advice is to get the Gravity Games sacks, the hydraulic wake plate and Perfect Pass. Also, to be objective, it IS possible to over-weight this boat and eventually get the wake to roll over. If you add a lot of weight beyond the Gravity Games set up, it will get sketchy.

At MSRPs ranging from $37k-44k, this boat LITERALLY is $20,000 less than a new X-star. Are there differences between the two? Yes. $20k worth of difference? No way. These clearly are opinions, but that's what you've asked for. I'm speaking from experience as I've been on this and an '04 X-star.

IMHO, anyone checking out an '04 purchase owes it to themself to check out this breakthrough boat (unless you're into slalom skiing).

PS - Water Ski Boats of Dallas routinely is among the top, if not THE top Skier's Choice dealers in the country. They rule.

The boat

Again

The man behind the boat - get it?

By Joe (joe_788) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much does the stock ballast (with Gravity Games Sacks) weigh total? The wake in that bottom picture is ungodly! What speed/line length is that?

By matt (supraman) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The pic was taken at 23 mph and Matt Brown is riding at 70' (line plus handle). The larger Gravity Games sacks are maybe 3/4 full. I don't know the exact weight. The wake has a nice wide rampy transition with a little kick at the top.

Matt Brown is the guy who designed the boat (I noticed he's in the earlier pic too in the yellow shorts.) He's a tall dude, and that wake is literally almost to his knees! (Upper calf if you're picky)

By Ryan Ellis (cwbrider33) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 8:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sick wake

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com