Tower ?'s from a rookie Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Tower ?'s from a rookie « Previous Next »
By Dmac (socaldave) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 2:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I can convince the wife and brother to get a tower, what's the best way to go about it? We own a '99 Sunsetter VLX.

It looks like most of the manufacturer's sell online, but where would I take it to install?

Local boat retailers say they can get "any tower" I want, but I'm guessing that's for people buying a boat. It seems like they would not want to invest the time/labor to order a tower and make a couple hundred bucks for the install.

And with boat show season coming up, there's another avenue.

Let me know what's worked for you when you've added a tower. Thanks.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I pulled our tower off, had the holes filled and then reinstalled it. Mounting had been done at a dealer, and they had done a really poor job.

If schedule hadn't been an issue, it would've been a cake walk, and mounting our tower is a little more involved than many aftermarket ones are today.

After working at a dealership a few years ago, and then seeing what another dealer had done to my tower, I chose to do it myself. I'm sure you could get some great phone and email support from whatever tower mfr you choose.

(Message edited by toyotafreak on September 22, 2003)

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most of the tower mfg'rs have pretty detailed instructions for the Do-it-yourselfer and most boat dealers / repair center will install a tower for you.

My only recommendatin is dont buy a tower, then take it to a dealer that is also a dealer for that tower and expect them to be excited about installing it for you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com