Ballast Bag Fittings Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Ballast Bag Fittings « Previous Next »
By Richard G (rich_g) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm lining up my parts list for my installed ballast system. I have some Launch Pad bags with standard openings. What parts do you use for connecting the tubing to the bag and where did you get it? Does anybody have a 90 degree elbow fitting coming out of the bag? That's what I would prefer. Can you use standard pvc fittings that you find at Home Depot? Input is appreciated; I know a lot of ballast topics have been covered, but most of the discussions are about pumps, valves, overall design..., my printer has been busy.

By Chad (healing) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 8:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rich,
Home Depot is where I got my 90 degree fittings from. They are the grey plastic fittings made for outside landscaping irrigation I think that is what they use them for? Anyway the correct size is one inch this will slip right into the sac. My home depot has several different fittings 90's straight's y's you can pretty much do anything. Very Important: Before you place the plastic one inch hose barb grey fitting into the sac grind or sand smooth the small ridges they put on the hose barb fitting. If you do not do this you risk damaging your sac if you try to pull the fitting out. Those little ridges really hold on!! You can either use a hose clamp to hold the fitting on the sac or a zip tie. Hope this helps. Just ask if you have any other questions

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rich,
Kind of going along with what Chad mentioned, I used a schedule 40 PVC P-bend tube with a 90deg elbow with a threaded female end. Then I screwed in the barb. Hose clamps around sac inlet and hose over barb. Pictures are worth more, so here's a link to a posting I started with a picture.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/80747.html?1063424333

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com