wake wedge, do they work and how well ? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » wake wedge, do they work and how well ? « Previous Next »
By don (w8kbrdn) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have a 95 ski 210 metalist direct drive, i was considering puting a wedge on the back, i see they come stock on the malibu's, so i would think they work. what do they do to your wake and are they worth the money ?
thanks.

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Malibu's internal sections are designed to have a wedge plate installed on the outside of the boat. I do not know if it was intentional or just found out it worked with a regular design, but, it is not recommended to put on other boats (if it will work at all). Also, the wedge was designed to work with the hull shape of the Malibu's.

On my boat, the wedge makes the wake steeper. You should just invest your money in some lead plates. You are basically adding downforce with the wedge, so, you should be able to get a similar effect with more weight in the back of your boat.

By don (w8kbrdn) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
is there companys out there that make a aftermarket wedge that will work with multiple boats or are they set up for your hull design ?

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have not heard of anything aftermarket. The wedge alone is almost a $1000 setup and provides around a 1000 lbs. of downforce. You can buy a ton of lead for that or even add a ballast system.

By ChadB (wantboatnow) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 5:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would invest the money into some more sacs or as Rod said, get some lead. Its not worth the chance of destroying the boat if it wasnt intended to have the load on the stern. The wedge really boggs down the boat in overall acceleration and turning, so I have a feeling it would add too much stress to your boat. Also, its not the worlds best invention, I hardly ever ride with it down, just invite more people to go in the boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com