Centurian Cyclone Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Centurian Cyclone « Previous Next »
By wade worrell (crooked) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I jus got this boat, a v-drive ski centurian cyclone, it throws a nice wake but i don kno about how it compares with the other leading wake board boats, ne one got ne info??}

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 1:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What year Cyclone did you get?

By wade worrell (crooked) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2003 its a brand new demo with 30 hours

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd really like to see some wake pics if your've got any. That boat has the right dimensions to throw it large IMO.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 9:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will take some pictures

By wade worrell (crooked) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 7:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i dont have ne personal pics but ill try to get some soon, it throws a nice wake compared to the x star but not quite as big but its plenty for me, in the meen time try http://www.ultimate-watersports.com/brochure.asp?display=eb&ebaction=&ebtemplate=ultimate&indid=1&tab=1&siteid=&bvdid=2541&modelid=29665&reflink=&cid=3965

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice picture but wrong year that is a 2002

try http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/a6.htm

or

http://www.centurionboats.com/2003%20Boats/Cyclone/cyclonec4.html

By steve ramirez (rammer) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 3:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2000 Centurion Eclipse V-drive, Air Warrior, which is pretty much the same boat as yours. Most people that ride behind it think the wake is phat. I've had a pro rider in it before and he told me that he had no idea the wake on those boats was so big. I usually fill the ballast, put a 550 lb sack in front of the rear bench seat, plus two 250 lb sacks up front. I think the seating is different on yours, though, so you'll have to play with it. Once you dial it in I think you'll be really happy.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 4:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 2000 and 2003 are totaly different boats. The hull on the 2003 Cyclone is like the avalanche hull. Take a look at this picture

By Scooby Doo (oshensurfer) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kevin,
Can you post a pic of the '03 Hurricane stern from the same angle if you've got it? Thanks.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok

This one just came in to my local dealer

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is the Avalanche from the same angle

By wade worrell (crooked) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok thanx guys yeah it threw a pretty wicked wake today we had the three ballast filled plus two more fat sacks in the back and one in the front... took a while to plain up though it handles the weight really well.

By Scooby Doo (oshensurfer) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's interesting. If you look closely, the stern corners on the Hurricane has pockets in it and the Avalanche and Cyclone don't. Anyone know the reason for the difference in the molds? It seems this is the reason my wake tends to roll over easier when it's a little choppy.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Hurricane is a legacy hull. The Cyclone Enzo and Avalanche are all new hulls that where designed with wakeboarders in mind. The Hurricane/Elite V drive is an old ski hull

By Chad (healing) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scooby,
I always thought that the pockets in the back off the Hurricane were there to let the hull "sink" into the water easier? maybe?

Kevin I never thought the Hurricane shared it's hull with anything, especially a slalom boat? The slalom wake is recreational at best. But I have been wrong before. Later

By carl beck (mainelaker) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 2:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Centurion uses different hulls for all their boats

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Carl

Obviously the hull that is under a 23 foot boat is not eaxctly the same as a 20'5" boat having said that the Cyclone is a small version of the Avalanche hull.

Scooby
You are right to say the Hurricane slalom wake is recreational at best. However the spray pockets in all the boats can be traced back to the Falcon slalom boat. There intention was to noke down the spray from the side of the boat. LIke almost all inboards and V drives they start with a exsisting hull and modify from there

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 7:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dudes i rocked my cyclone all year i love it its soooo sock it compares very closely to a malibu ecept with out the fit and finish. that is a new hull for 2003 and its rad you have to have the trim tab when you go over 30mph though and its a super cheap boat..

By C-DUB (recessfresh) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 9:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I LOVE MINE! they do the job and the price is right.

By Mike Morris (upupnaway) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have ridden behind several centurions, and I think they kick some major butt. Good pop, nicely formed doubleups, and a pretty clean wake @ 70' and 23mph.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com