1991 MasterCraft TriStar or 1992 Mali... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 1991 MasterCraft TriStar or 1992 Malibu Euro F3? « Previous Next »
By Brooks Durham (h20adventures) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 9:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am currently looking at two boats right now. A 1991 MasterCraft TriStar open bow and a 1992 Malibu Sunsetter Euro F3 open bow. If you had to pick between the two which would you pick and why? What are the plusses and minuses of both boats? Give me your thoughts and suggestions!

Thanks!
Brooks

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am currently looking at the same price range of boats as you are. I also need the extra room for people so I am looking at the open bows as well. Check out flipsell.com, boattrader.com, and iboats.com. I have found several great deals, but I am new to the sport and don't know much about the history of wakeboard boats. I have found some really great deals on Moomba and Ski Centurion, but everyone says to stay away from those. Does that mean that a 1997 Moomba Outback, loaded with sacks, tower etc., is not as good as an old 1989 Nautique 2001 or Mastercraft Prostar 190? I can get a boat almost 10 years newer with more bells and wistles for the same price as those old boats, in the Moomba or Centurion. I have even found Centurion V-drives for less than $15,000. Is this just people's opinions or is the Mastercraft and Nautique that much better? Anyone who can answer these questions. PLEASE HELP US!!!

By Dutchman (dutch) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is a picture of the wake of our 90 Malibu 215 lx Euro F3

By Matt Anderson (xaggie) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wonder why those boats are 10 years newer and are the same price as Nautique,Mastercraft,Malibu? That should be your answer.

By walt leonard (walt) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think the Centurion has a small wake.

By walt leonard (walt) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 4:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the 91 MC for sale on this site it looks VERY CLEAN ! I think the price is 13,000 http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/15.html?1064600625

By Ben Spiegel (bens) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 8:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brooks, I can't speak about the Malibu, but I have a 91 Tristar (closed bow). First of all this boat has been a tank. No problems, always running. With no weight the wake isn't that great, a couple 500# sacs makes a great improvement. The only thing I don't like about the Tristar is the built in swim platform. You lose a couple feet of interior space because of this.
If you have any specific questions let me know.

By Utah Rob (robandrus) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the tristars, big, nice wake, unique set up

(The deck we added on later)

By 2 p (yearling) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 11:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking into buying the same deal. My neigbhor is selling a tristar, and im looking to buy the malibu. I talked to some local pros and they said to go with the 1992 malibu. It has an ideal wake.

By Doug Gierosky (d_fresh) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 5:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go with the '92 Malibu

By Doug Gierosky (d_fresh) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 5:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry, I've got pics, but can't seem to down size to post.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com