Space inside 21ft Vdrives Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Space inside 21ft Vdrives « Previous Next »
By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 1:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got to thinking about how different the interior space of 21 foot vdrives are dispite there relative lengths. I dug out some top down photos of the boats and scaled off the following chart. All measurements are off photos so they will be inaccurate to varing degrees, also the vlx photo didn't extend all the way to the tip so I had to guess where the bow finished. This is not to prove that one boat is better laid out than another just my un healthy obsession working itself out, lets call it "therapy". The % coloumn doesn't sum to 100 because some space is wasted by the windscreen. The overall length of the boat is shown in total foot coloumn. No allowance for different widths of hulls. Couldn't find any pics of Pro-V or Centurion, there web sites are pretty sucky. Carry on.

By Alan (tigeal) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what is the point?

By Dan (gotpwr) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
To prove the the SAN is the best boat ever!

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 9:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
6 sleeps to go!!!

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 9:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Got some more work for your on going "therapy".
FYI took this right off of the Centurion web site

By Bob Holinski (bmblbee) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you are looking for lots of interior space check out the Supreme V220. At 21'4" overall it has a very big main cockpit area with wrap around seating. We love ours. Like many other builders their web site is far behind their product development so they don't have a good collection of pictures on display.

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very cool. It definitely shows me the way I feel in an X2. The cabin looses 1.3 feet to my VLX. Thats 18% smaller.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats not very accurate without the allowances in width, if you are looking at a 20 ft boat that is 6 inches wider..... work that out into extra cubic feet of interior space.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Kevin! The site is much better than I first thought, my bad.

Yup the x-2 is small, I couldn't believe how close the rear seat is to the drivers seat when I jumped in one at the boat show. Makes up for it in other ways tho.

By ernist (ernie_mckn) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 4:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
well dont even try to find the pro-v because its a 23 foot boat, so its not even in the same class. just thought it was only a 21 foot comparasion

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 7:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ernist the Pro-V is only 21'4" It is 23'6" with the platform.

By Alan (tigeal) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much cockpit space on a 21'deck boat? Just forget about it and get the VLX.

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
how is the windshield glare on that pro-v with the yellow tops of the dash? I think it looks good cosmetically.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com