Help me.. my wife has VLX Interior Co... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Help me.. my wife has VLX Interior Color Issues. « Previous Next »
By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok… I finally got buy off from my wife on the idea of a new boat after she spent some more time behind Trav’s Pro V and some time just hanging out with Brent on his Tige 22V. I am leaning towards a new VLX and so was my wife till last night…

We have visited our local BU dealer to check out an 03 while waiting for the 04’s to arrive…. Last night we made it to the shop to look at a new 04 that just showed up….. I am not sure if it was the interior color or the design… but she was not sold on the “boring… industrial look of the interior.” I think it is an issue of the white/gray interior not being and warm of a color as the tans. Seems like all the VLX’s that are ordered are white or gray interior.

I need some interior pics with color for accents to help my cause…

We want a red and white boat. My thoughts are that adding color above the rub rail (red), adding a red piping and color matching the Titan tower in red will spice up the look for her.

Any pics of a VLX with tan interior would be helpful too.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cool! I don't know if I did good or bad having your wife on my boat for happy hour. Hopefully you are happy with the outcome! You know, Bake's has that yearly open house usually around the 1st of November to show off all of their early deliveries for the upcoming year. If you are really up in the air, you may want to wait until you see some other combinations.

Congrats on making the move on a new boat!

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff Congrats on the move towards a new boat cant wait to see it in Shasta next year.
Still have the blue Pro -V 4 sale if you change your mind.
Sean

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff,

If you want some pics of an 02 vlx red/grey interior, I can try to upload some this weekend.My profile pic doesn't show much of the vlx.

The boat is white/red/grey with a white/grey interior with red. I also have a red tower (non-titan).

(Message edited by bobbymucic on September 19, 2003)

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brent,
Yes it was helpful… Dre is ok with the idea of a BIG stereo now and definitely wants to get a new boat. I do however have to go look at a bunch more boats now. Where should I take her around here to see the Tige. I may need to hit you up for a pull behind your boat too. She want to check out the wake and the way it drives now. She already knows the cooler works.

Sean,
Thanks. We are still early in the process but getting there. We just got out trip planned for Shasta today. The week after the 4th. This year will be just the guys at Shasta. I am doing a family trip the week I get back. We are going over to see Cameron today…. Dre wants to look at the Pro V. (Get a camper yet?? )

Bob,
Yes any interior pics you have would be great. Thanks. From your profile pic…looks like your color scheme is close to what I want.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hop over to MBO, there is someone going through the same process right now with the same colors (Regal and Ebony).

Here is the link to that thread.

I think a white base and Moonbeam interior with a Regal bead and a Regal Titan Series III will look great, and definitely won't be "boring". It all comes down to personal preference though, as I feel the warm tone interiors (Suede, Zephyr) are the boring ones. But I like a more sporty combo as opposed to a classy setup.

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We will be there on the 5th of july and staying thru the 12th. Such a long wait......... Hope it works out if you go with the Pro-V call or e-mail me. Still no camper cant get my neighbor to commit to sell it yet, hopefully soon.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 5:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, I hate to refer anyone down to the dealer in Auburn, but that is the only place to go to look at them. The biggest advantage of the Tige is the room compared to a Bu (especially for a big thumpin system!), but they are both great boats and both have great wakes. You have to weigh the Bu down a little more to get a comparable size, but then again, the Tige is a much heavier boat.

You guys are more than welcome to come out anytime on the boat to ride, drive, use the cooler, whatever you want. Just let me know. We are shooting for going out Sunday morning, but it isn't confirmed yet. If you can swing that, we can try and figure something out.

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff,

I sent you an email with my interior pics attached. I've changed my profile pic again. You can now check out the hull and tower colors better.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very nice looking boat Bobby. Great color combos and the red tower is great.

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks..

Lucky for me the previous owner had good taste!

Part of the reason I was so sure of buying that used VLX was that I would have ordered pratically the very same thing. I might have opted for a titan tower.

Brent, do you own a web design company on First ave? I don't wan't to throw the name out, but just wondering. I know an someone up there, who told me that the owner has a tige. Might that be you?

(Message edited by bobbymucic on September 20, 2003)

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nope, not me. Looks like a solid company though.

By MIKE O (batman) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
on malibuboatowners in my gallery are pictures of my TAN interior. Galleries page 9 under Mike O. Here's one. I too prefer the tan.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 6:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are a couple, I have pics of an 02 lsv red interior, as well as my 04 graphite and moonbeam (which she will probably say....Booring!!!).

here is some from an 01 direct drive red wakesetter.

(Message edited by hockeyruss on September 22, 2003)

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 9:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK... my dealer in WA got a few pics from the OR dealer... we are getting closer.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you go with Suede or Tan for the interior I would recommend using Platinum as the base instead of white.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com