what is the feedback on the new tige ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » what is the feedback on the new tige hull design? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
how is the wake? is it what they claim?

By Mike Martin (ichoop) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 7:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought a 21I limited about a month ago and love it. The wake is very good with no ballast. I have ridden behind a supra with 1000# of ballast and mine is bigger. Everyone who has ridden behind my boat is impressed with the wake.

By trace (trace) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i've been on a 20V & 22V, both very nice with minimal weight.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What are they claiming? It is an incredible wake, but I am biased of course. It is steeper than a VLX, but not quite as steep as a Nautique and very solid. I run about 1500 pounds in my 22V. It is clean back to 80 to 90 feet depending on weight and speed.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got a 22V and with the factory 1000 pounds of ballast and taps up the wake is amazing. My only reference points are my old outboard and a SANTE I ride behind. The SANTE seems to punch me in the air with lots of pop and the 22V is more like launching from a ramp. Both incredible boats to board behind and I'd love to put a VLX in my reference pool.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 9:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may not have the boat properly weighted. We run anywhere from 1500 to 2000 pounds of ballast and the wake is steep. Not quite as steep as a Nautique, but almost, and also very firm and solid. The VLX is going to have a little more ramp even with a wedge compared to the Tige, and that has a great wake too. You have to weight the VLX down quite a bit more to get the same size wake.

I think any wake you compare to the Nautique is going to be much more rampy. All 3 boats throw great wakes.

How is that ballast system set up? Where is the weight?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com