1992 Malibu Sunsetter Euro F3 - Goo... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 1992 Malibu Sunsetter Euro F3 - Good buy? « Previous Next »
By Brooks Durham (h20adventures) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hello everyone! I am currently boat shopping and would love to get advice and suggestions from you on a boat I am looking at. I found a [B]1992 Malibu Sunsetter Euro F3[/B]. This is an open bow, 750 hrs, dual axel trailer, bimimi top, skylon tower. Overall the boat inside and outside is in really good condition. He is asking $13,500 obo for it. He is in need of the money from the boat really soon as he just put an offer on a house so that works out better for me. I looked up the value of the boat online and the low end is $10,000 and the avg is $12,320. The other day I took the boat out for a test drive and I liked it pretty much except for the steering. The steering was not very smooth and he agreed it wasnt. Is that an issue or a reason to not buy a boat? I know that this steering is pretty simple since it is not power steering. Also do any of you know anything about the Malibu Euro F3? Would you recommend this boat? What are the plusses and minuses to this boat? If the boat turns out good when I get it checked out from a marine mechanic what would you offer him? Let me know your thoughts and suggestions!

Thanks!
Brooks

p.s. - I have included a pic of the boat

By barefooter (prostar205v) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
may want to try the picture again. Steering cables can be replaced easily and cost a couple hundred. good luck in your decision.

By Brooks Durham (h20adventures) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a pic of the boat:
1992 Mallibu euro F3

By David Mason (rocketman) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a 1990 Malibu, but the Skier instead of the Sunsetter. My steering is hard to turn also, more than most, but has never been a problem. I absolutely love the boat. I do think that $13,500 is high though. Check boattraderonline.com for comparison shopping. You'll see that if you're willing to travel a little, you could score a better deal.

By trace (trace) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i don't think Malibu went to all-glass & SV23 hull until 93. not that it isn't a sweet boat... just FYI. never been in one of that vintage.

sounds like the steering cable is shot - $150 or so from skidim.com, and pretty easy to replace.

i agree 13.5 is high. considering the guy told you he needs money, it's almost October and you're in the NW, i'd offer like 9 & let him consider it for a while. when does he close on his house? ;)

By Doug Gierosky (d_fresh) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 4:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The price seems kinda high for a 12 year old boat with that many hours. Check the floor carefully, it's wood! Check around the engine and the wallkway in the bow. I have the same boat and didn't discover the bad spot until it was too late (purchased). The boat does put out a nice wake when weighted properly. Here are somme pics of mine. I replaced the floor last winter and the the interior redone.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 5:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that is too much, especially considering its higher than the actual value of the boat, show him that, if its in good shape, offer 10,500

By Brooks Durham (h20adventures) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 3:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys thanks for all of the input and suggestions! Do any of you happen to know if this is a full fiberglass boat or is it contstructed with wood as well? give me ur thoughts on the boat!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com