What happened to summer? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » What happened to summer? « Previous Next »
By Bob Holinski (bmblbee) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
And we had plans to get out a few more times before this happened!
(yes I did put a heater under the cover to make sure nothing froze)

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
And I thought it was getting cold in Oregon. So are you done for the year or is this just a freak of nature?

By Lucky Charms (lchamaschuk) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sucks to live in Calgary. You had snow in May or June as I remember. 2 months of summer?

By mark (propkiller) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 9:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't feel bad it snowed in Colorado too. Its almost time to put up the wakeboard and dig out the snowboard. Hey, is there a snow world.com?

By Bob Holinski (bmblbee) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Snow in Calgary is never a freak of nature. We usually get snow in every month of the year but this year we got lucky and our last snow was in May. It is supposed to warm up again so with any luck we will get out again before the end of the month when I put the boat to bed for the winter. Makes me envious of those of you that have a season longer than 3 months.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you're into it, the snow version of wakeworld is www.newschoolers.com, check it out, especially the media section(vides, you have to register but its worth it).

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 11:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow that sucks! Sorry man.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's Park City, UT today. Photo courtesy of Jeremy Graves- that pic was taken off his deck. Almost time to break out the drysuits.
snow

(Message edited by parkcityxj on September 17, 2003)

By BobbyB (bobbyb) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man that sucks for you guys. I hate winter

By Doug Triebelhorn (beginpend) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 3:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like it's time to break out the snowmobiles and snowboards!!!!!!!!! Just as much funk just in a different season.We got snow in the hills a couple days ago here in OR.

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bob we still have two more months!!! I'm heading up to Buffalo this weekend to our friends cabin. You just have to buy the drysuit.

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW NOR-CAL is going to be 95 this weekend
I guess living in California is worth it after all

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh well... I live in

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 1:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Snow off & on in the mountains here. Boy has the water temp dropped in the past 3 weeks!

By Mitch Mansfield (mitchm) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
awfully sorry about that snow. Maine is getting cold, but nothing like that. Water was chillguard material yesterday and today, and my buddy finally cleared the wake. Yeehaaa You shoulda seen his face.

(Message edited by mitchm on September 18, 2003)

By John Lorenz (jplorenz) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Supposed to 80 and nice here in the Willamette Valley (Oregon) for the next few days - pretty typical. We normally get decent days through mid October.
Heading to Crescent Lake this weekend for one last high elevation (4,900')trip. It will be cold in the morning but mid 70's by the afternoon and nobody else there...
John L.

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 2:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where is Cresent lake John?

By ryanm (itsinthahole) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 6:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
still 99 degrees in az. sucks to everybody else. way to early for snow

By Joe (joe_788) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 8:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Sacramento River (north of Knights Landing) was 62 degrees today. I got in the water for my second session at 7pm! It was EXTREMELY cold!

Summer is over.

By John Lorenz (jplorenz) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Face P -
Crescent Lake is off Hwy 58 about 20 min. south of Willamette Pass ski area. From Salem head down I-5 and just past Eugene take the Hwy. 58 exit to Central Oregon. (2.5 hr. from my house in Corvallis.)
It is a good size lake that is crystal clear, has nice beaches and is, normally, not too busy. A good friend of mine has a share of one of the Forest Service cabins on the North shore. There is also a "resort" that rents out some cabins and has a little restaurant. Very nice but bring your wetsuit. Water temp. this time last year is usually low 60s.
John

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 10:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,
You should have great water down there. Not very many people brave the higher lakes after Labor Day (makes it better for us though). We're still going to Cultus, although the ramp is a little hairy this time of year & Billy Chinook & Prineville are clearing out pretty good - we had the best water all year at Round Butte last night, absolute glass.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com