oil level Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » oil level « Previous Next »
By daniel pooner (danp) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
changed the oil in my boat. When boat is in water level on dipstick reads perfect. On trailer it reads above full. I think this is ok can anyone confirm for me

By John Richard (jrichard) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You might want to check w/the manufacturer, but I know both PCM and Indmar say to check the oil with the boat in the water (at least with the models I've owned).

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check it in the water.

By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about the trans fluid? Check it in the water? With the boat running or not?

p.s. Sorry to hijack your post

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check all fluids in the water. You can check it with the boat running if you want. Don't have the transmission engaged though. I leave the motor off for safety reason's.

When I'm going to change the fluids at the end of the year I make sure they are at the full level before I leave the water for the last time. I get out a gallon jug (2 liter bottle works for the transmission fluid) and empty the oil in that. I then get another clean milk jug and fill that up until it matches the oil that I drained out. That way you put in the same that you take out. Then I check it the next year first thing when I get to the water just to make sure it's ok. I've done it this way for 5 years and have never had to add or remove oil from the motor or transmission.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com