Ski Centurion Wave boat any good? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Ski Centurion Wave boat any good? « Previous Next »
By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw a great deal on a Ski Centurion Wave boat, but I wasn't sure about the performance or quality of it. I am in the market for a used wakeboarding boat, but have a limited budget of only $12000 from the wife. Any input on this boat or others for that price range would be greatly appreciated.

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 3:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My advice, get a new wife.....just kidding.
$12,000 for a wakeboard boat....well that might depend on what you consider a wakeboard boat.
I would doubt that a V drive could be had for that amount so I would focus on a direct drive.
Malibu has made some great direct drives that I have riden behind that with a tower and some ballast worked out pretty well.
The one I remember the best was a 95. Sorry I don't remember which model but it did have an open bow.
He sold it earlier this summer for about $12K and got a new VLX.
Good luck.

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree, $12,000 for a boat really sucks, but we are fixing to have another baby so that's all I get right now. If I had my way, I'd go buy the 2004 B-52. I rode behind one this summer and it has a monster wake. I have heard that the older Nautique 2001 was pretty good. I have only been boarding for 2 years so I'm not that good yet. But right now I'm using my parents boat that has about a 9" tall wake, so anything will be better. I have seen a couple of Ski Centurion V-drives for about $15,000. Any advise would be great.

By vandal (vandal) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 7:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
2001 Nautiques are good wakeboard boats. You may be able to find a early 90's Pro-Star 205 or Malibu Sunsetter that would be outstanding boats within your price-range (or very close). I personally think older Centurions will be money whores that you really dont want or need the headache from. It'll be a challenge to find a great boat at the 12K limit you have but if you get creative with your search I think you'll have something you can be proud to own and ride behind. Good luck.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We started our search in the ~95 Sunsetter range. Spent a lot of time behind that boat back in the day. D-drive with a 320 hp small block. Fat seat ready, and built pretty well. Think I saw those hanging around the $15K range. If I hadn't caught the Toyota bug, we'd have ended up spending far less on the older Malibu.

Even if you found a bone stock one, you'd be pretty well off. At least then you could get the tower you want and have it installed correctly.

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the advise, I appreciate it. I thought the Centurions looked too good to be true. I learned to ride behind a sunsetter and I like it. Would you say a Malibu Sunsetter or a MAstercraft Pro Star is better?

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have also seen some good deals on a few Mastercraft Tristars. Are they any good?

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I also found a 1997 Moomba Outback with tower, speakers, and fat sacks for $12,900. Good deal? decent wake?

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 6:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stay away from Moomba pre 99.

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Cliff, i don't know much about the history of boats since I just got into the sport. I appreciate it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com