stereo help Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » stereo help « Previous Next »
By sean tribe (tribal) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Installed an amp in my boat and it sounds great when the boat is off.Soon as the boat is running I get a feedback wine from my alternator.You can also hear the blower make a different wine when you run it.It stays a constant volume[though the sound changes with revs]so I can drown it out with full volume but I'm getting tired of only listening to my tunes cranked when running the boatAnyone with any ideas? Thanks

By Chaun Keating (big_poppa_pump) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since you get it from the blower as well, I think you should first make sure that you have a good, commonly placed ground on all of your equipment.

Also, take a look at the following articles from crutchfield. They have some pretty decent step by step instructions. As a last resort, you may need to look at a ground loop isolator/noise filter.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-Etp8Mvxvr4X/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_noise.html

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/S-Etp8Mvxvr4X/car/noise.html

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you run a separate power and ground wire from the battery to your amp or piggyback off another power source? Similar to cars… if you have a grounding issue you will hear feedback.

Have you tried turning the gains down to see if that lowers the noise level too.

By sean tribe (tribal) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chaun thanks those links look good.Jeff I do run a seperate power and ground directly off the battery switch system[dual batteries]Should I run into a completely isolated battery from the rest of the system?I really haven't played with the gains while the boat was running yet.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com