Boat Cover Mildew Removal Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Boat Cover Mildew Removal « Previous Next »
By Lance (uga33) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 5:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have got some mildew on my boat cover. What have yall found to be the best way to get rid of it.

By John Jarman (disbemrj) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance,
I bought a bottle of Mildew remover at the boat store (starbrite brand i think) dumped the whole bottle into a bucket, added about 2 gallons of water and scrubbed the cover with a brush. My cover had been left wet and wadded up for the winter by a previous owner and was about 60% covered in mildew. Be careful with bleach as it can weaken the cover and cause small holes.
JJ

By Lance (uga33) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John I appreciate it. I was scared of using something with bleach in it because I fiqured it would dry rot my cover. Thanks for the info.

By Bob (bob) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the thread will be the first thing to go if you use harsh cleaners, i used a scrub brush and some kind of cleaner on my new cover after i left it in a ball full of rain water for a couple weeks--dont do it or youll have a serious mess full of bugs and everything else

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com