Help with installing perfect pass in ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Help with installing perfect pass in Mastercraft X « Previous Next »
By trash (trash) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 6:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm installing a Perfectpass Cruise system into my girlfriends uncles boat (whew!) I've done this before on my Svfara, so I (thought) I knew what I was doing.
Everything went well until we needed to hookup the paddlewheel. The manual says there is a plug and play harness in the boat that the supplied harness attaches to (6 pin molex style connector that has power and paddlewheel sensor). We looked everywhere and couldn't find the connector. We tried behind the dash, the wiring harness under the dash, behind the subwoofer, bilge area....everywhere we could think of. No luck. So I cut the connector off and manually wired the power up no problem. When hooking up the paddlewheel sensor to the control module, I hooked it up to the wire on the right speedo (there are 4 wires to the speedo. AFAICT they are Power, Ground, backlight, and speedo signal. Power and backlight I for sure got right. The remaining 2 were yellow and yellow/black). I hooked up the sensor to the yellow wire. Perfect pass didn't work, and the speedo's didn't work. I unhooked it and the speedos still don't work This can't be good.
First off, does anyone know where this plug and play connector is in the boat? And second, I went through all the wiring in case I bumped something, checked the fuses and circuit breakers, and I still can't get his speedos to work. Any ideas here?

I really would appreciate an answer soon! I'm not in their good books right now...... :-(

Thank you!!

Trash

P.S It's a 2002 X-7

(Message edited by trash on September 13, 2003)

By Alan (tigeal) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Email or call perfect pass directly for help.

By trash (trash) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan, that's obvious. But they don't work on weekends, so I was looking for some help now. #1 priority is to get the MC speedos back up and running. #2 is to get Perfectpass hooked up to the paddlewheel.

Anyone have any insite on this?

Thanks

Trash

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check under the starboard side front seat. At least that is where the last one I hooked up was on an X-10.

By trash (trash) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Peter,
Starboard side front seat? Do you mean the driver seat? Huh, I never looked there. I looked under the spotter (port) seat around the battery and amp, but didn't see it there. I'll head out now and take a look.

Trash

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I meant in the bow under the seat cushion, then back towards the drivers legs. Dig around it should be there. Then the wiring harness can be fed through to the gauges.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com