charleston S.C. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » charleston S.C. « Previous Next »
By woody (bwood) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where is the best place to ride in the charleston area.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 5:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bushy Park- for fresh water

Ashley River for brackish- where you board is fresh but launch is brackish. Both places are glassy most of the time.

By woody (bwood) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 4:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I found the ashley river on a map, but I can't find bushy park. How many months a year can you wakeboard.

By Chris Brown (chill720) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
try trophy lakes as well, its a private lake, where they used to run the pro tour stops.

By rob (98air) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bushey park is THE place to ride in Chuck town. I lived on John's island which is right on the salt and I'd drive 30 miles to Bushey park to get the finest water around! Never choppy back in the ski cove! If I remember...Just go to hanahan and find the naval weapons base, and ask where it is everyone knows where it's at.

By rob (98air) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I once rode at 57 degree water temp in Feb!

By woody (bwood) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can you ride on the cooper river? I also wanted to know if their were any alligators in the water I should look out for?

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 4:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bushy park is noted for having scaly friends in the water.....you might even see a couple of big uns (20 feet or so). But they pretty much stay clear of the boat. I even let my labrador swim there, and she is three years old and still has most of her limbs!!!! Water right now is 79 degrees.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 4:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh we stop wakeboarding in November and start again in March/April. Usually water temp around low 60's at those times.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com