Stereo/Amp help Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Stereo/Amp help « Previous Next »
By Scott (oshensurfer) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's my dilema. I'm installing 4 new tower speakers and I need some help with an old amp I have. This amp was installed in my VW bus before I got it. It's an Altec Lansing (don't they make computer speakers) ALA120. I can't find anything on the net about this model so I don't know what the specs are. It appears to be a fourchannel amp but I have no idea what wattage. It does not have any bypass capability so whatever signal goes in gets powered up and comes out. It does have gain control. I also have a good 6 CH amp powering my 6.5's in the boat and a sub. My question is, should I hook up the 4 tower 6.5's and the sub to the existing amp and run the interior speakers off this old POS or just run the interiors off the main head and make sure I don't blow em. Thanks for the help.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com