Ballest, 2 pumps or 3? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Ballest, 2 pumps or 3? « Previous Next »
By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Planning phase three and Im looking for info.
I have one pump on the keel locker bag now.
I would like to install two V drive sacs.
Do I need one or two more pumps and why?
Thanx

By William (sonicr1) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wellllll, right now I am running two pumps for three tanks... since my center pump died on me (02 X-10). I routed some house to fill the two rear tanks with the same pump at the same time, and it works pretty well. But it filled quicker with the two separate pumps (obviously).

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One two way pump could do it, but I refer two! I like the self priming 2 way pumps because they both fill/empty and you can control the size of the sac independently with a switch instead of two manual valves, keeping in mind you would have to have a two way splitter and two valves. Budget, fill/empty time, resale, etc all have to be in mind when contemplating a custom ballast, I think!

By Bill (skionone) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 10:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just one pump

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks guys.

Im thinking it would be nice to push a button to empty the port side rear bag. Then I could surf facing the wake for once.

But I might be too cheap and lazy to realize my dream.;(

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Checking back in.... still think 2 pumps.... Why not do it right the first time! I'd kick my own ass if I completed a half ass ballast system. I believe wakeboarding is all about the experience.... being able to spend more time enjoying the "on the water experience" the better. Building the better mouse trap not only betters your boat, it allows for less work and more play!

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got in from Pyramid, fun!

Chris, your right! Im going with two.
Thanx all!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com