wiring a ballast pump Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » wiring a ballast pump « Previous Next »
By Dennis Costa (dejoeco) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a Jabsco reversible pukp to install an automatic ballast sytem in my Tige'. The problem is that the pump did not come with the reversing switch. I am told that I can get a 3 position switch that will make it reversable. Does anyone know what kind and how to wire it?

Thanks for your help.

By Mike Jolley (mikeski) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You need a double pole double throw center off switch (DPDT). They are available at most hardware stores. Wire the incoming + and - to the center terminals of the switch, wire the pump + and - to the bottom terminals, run two jumber wires from the bottom terminals to the top terminals but cross them. Up is fill, down is drain. Don't forget to fuse your power wire.

By Rod Emerzian (gymboarder) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike you hit your wiring right on the head. I just wired up to Jabsco pumps like he said and they work perfect. I used carling switches that have 6 poles on them.

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is a crude drawing of the switch wiring

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 5:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is another way of looking at it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com