03 X-10 weight Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 03 X-10 weight « Previous Next »
By Robert J. (purex10) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
im about to order some sacks and was wondering what other people thought......i have an 03 X10.....i was thinking about a 1000 with a 500 across in the front and 2 350's in the side pockets plus ballasts....should be sick right???
By Joe (joe_788) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How many people do you usually take with you? We usually have 9-11 people, full tank of gas, and stock ballast. The wake is about as perfect as you could ever imagine. The total people load is about 1500lbs give or take 150. I would think 1000lbs of sacks would be great if you typically take fewer people.
By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 600# fatsac on each side of the engine in the rear locker replacing the hard tanks. The standard center sac and a 250# sac under each front seat which probably fill to 200# or so before they run out of room. This setup works great if only my wife is driving. If we carry alot of people we fill the sacs less.

The front sacs I believe make the biggest improvement concerning wake shape. Then just fill the rears until you are happy with the overall size.

By Robert J. (purex10) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
its usually only about 3 or 4 of us.....or sometimes 2 so thats why i need the weight
By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second what Bruce says. I've got a thread going on what I'm doing/have done to permanently add sacs to the front. Check it out...

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 6:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I run 300 pounds on either side of the engine, ski locker ballast filled and then a 350 pound sack in the bow. If we only have 3-4 people I fill another 350 pounds sack and put it on the floor along the back seat. Makes around 1700 pounds of ballast plus people. I do notice that I have a tougher time getting the boat on plane if I don't have a couple of people sit in the bow though. Anyone else have a tough time getting out of the hole with too much weight in the back?
By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat don't forget about where your anchor gets stored. I placed mine up front between the secs under the front center cushion. Every little bit helps.
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.