03 X-10 weight Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 03 X-10 weight « Previous Next »
By Robert J. (purex10) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
im about to order some sacks and was wondering what other people thought......i have an 03 X10.....i was thinking about a 1000 with a 500 across in the front and 2 350's in the side pockets plus ballasts....should be sick right???

By Joe (joe_788) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How many people do you usually take with you? We usually have 9-11 people, full tank of gas, and stock ballast. The wake is about as perfect as you could ever imagine. The total people load is about 1500lbs give or take 150. I would think 1000lbs of sacks would be great if you typically take fewer people.

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 600# fatsac on each side of the engine in the rear locker replacing the hard tanks. The standard center sac and a 250# sac under each front seat which probably fill to 200# or so before they run out of room. This setup works great if only my wife is driving. If we carry alot of people we fill the sacs less.

The front sacs I believe make the biggest improvement concerning wake shape. Then just fill the rears until you are happy with the overall size.

Goodluck

By Robert J. (purex10) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
its usually only about 3 or 4 of us.....or sometimes 2 so thats why i need the weight

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second what Bruce says. I've got a thread going on what I'm doing/have done to permanently add sacs to the front. Check it out...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/80747.html?1063194605

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 6:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I run 300 pounds on either side of the engine, ski locker ballast filled and then a 350 pound sack in the bow. If we only have 3-4 people I fill another 350 pounds sack and put it on the floor along the back seat. Makes around 1700 pounds of ballast plus people. I do notice that I have a tougher time getting the boat on plane if I don't have a couple of people sit in the bow though. Anyone else have a tough time getting out of the hole with too much weight in the back?

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat don't forget about where your anchor gets stored. I placed mine up front between the secs under the front center cushion. Every little bit helps.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com