New O3 SAN and O4 VLX Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » New O3 SAN and O4 VLX « Previous Next »
By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We have both!! My good friend Marc just took delivery of his new VLX and my SAN is just 3 weeks old. I am so glad the riding never ends in CA!. What a great fall season we will have!!

Custom Painted "AIR"    lousy pic
Custom Painted "AIR"
04 VLX  Maiden Voyage
Maiden Voyage

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy, that Air Logo is sick man. That pic doesn't do it justice at all.

I can't wait to see Marc's boat in person.

And THIS, is why I'm a wakewhore.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Troy, had dinner last night w/Marc and Erica in SLC. He's so stoked on the boats you all have. We were going to ride the VLX yesterday, but the weather didn't cooperate. He's like "I felt like a badass the other day when we had both boats on the ramp", comedy. Beautiful boats, I'm gonna try to meet up w/you guys at Mead in Oct. Can't wait to try em out.

What up Thane? Going to rolling out there Oct. 9-12, looking forward the warm water.

(Message edited by parkcityxj on September 10, 2003)

(Message edited by parkcityxj on September 10, 2003)

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy, tell me a little bit about your trailer!

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff, I had a custom Ellis trailer with powder finish and lots of chrome on my last boat. It felt like a step down to have a black channel trailer this time so I upgraded. The trailer is still a Trailrite but with tube construction and stainless fenders. Can't launch in salt, but thats not in the plan anyway. I am sure you could still get this trailer as they did mine in 5 days. I worked mine into the deal from day one, so I dont know what they jacked me for it. Id like to think I negotiated it in for free, but i know better.

By the way, the trailer is impressive. Rides excellent on 4 leaf springs and the brakes are very well balanced. Much better than I expected and almost as nice as the torsion bar trailers.

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 2:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks - I think I'll check on the difference with Jeremy. My last boat had an Extreme trailer. It was beautiful, to the point that I felt like I had to take extra care of it. I feel like it may be a step down also, but on the bright side, I might not feel so bad if it sits outside, or doesn't get polish cleaned after each use. Does this thinking sound like it would justify getting/not getting the upgrade?

By GRAMPS (akman) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy, Nice looking boat!

Jeff, I have a trailrite trailer also, I really like the way it looks and rides. I opted for the channel instead of tube, even in fresh water you can still get rust, water sits inside the tube and can rust from the inside out. My trailer was built to handle 6000lbs so structural integrity isn't a concern. I went with a galvy trailer and had it double dipped in epoxy before they put it back together so it matches the boat.

By S Dub (sdub) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy I have to say, one of the cleanest SAN's I've seen. Very sharp.

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jay, Wish I was going to POWELL with you guys this week!!! See you at Mead Oct 3-6th.

Gramps: Your ride was part of what inspired me to get in and order a new boat, Thanks! While I agree that the tube trailer has its rust problems, I think the problems are very minimal in this desert environment where Jeff and I live. My last tube trailer had 9 years of twice a week riding and the rust inside really was not that bad. After about 7 years I rebuilt the entire trailer adding a new swing away UVP and disc brakes. The inside had suprizingly little more than just surface rust. I hope this trailer does as well. Gramps, you need to peel off a couple of those warning stickers...you should know by now that "GASOLINE VAPORS ARE FLAMABLE"!!
And GM Vortex didnt pay me to advertise for them so their sticker had to go also.

SDUB, Thanks! Fall trip to Mohave in the works?

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn how many of you guys know eachother and how do I get in on the action, lol. I am probably mostly alone up here in Washington. I know with ever other forum everyone seems to be in Cali. Hmm do I need to move?

By Wake Products (tahoe) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy - All I can say WOW.
That is one of the best looking SAN's I've seen !
The trailer really make the whole package.

Thane is one lucky wakeho. hahaha

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com