Difference in Wakes? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Difference in Wakes? « Previous Next »
By Virginia Cruse (sixjake) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We currently ride behind a Mastercraft 205 and want to upgrade. Can anyone explain the differences in the wakes out there? I'd like to know the differences in the Super Air Nautique, Malibu Wakesetter, Supra Launch, and Mastercraft X-2 or old X-star. Also, do the bigger boats like the X-10 and X-30 lose wake performance?

Thanks!

By pwork (siuski) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nautiques throw a steeper wake than MC's and BU's. BU's and MC's are typically more 'rampy'. Going from a 205, you should probably go ride behind each one and figure out what kind of wake you prefer. Also don't forget about tige's. A lot of people sware by them.

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The X-2 will be most similar to your 205, because that's the platform upon which the X-2 was built. They all have good wakes and I will differ from above in saying that Nautiques don't really have any steeper wake than the others mentioned, but they do have a trough that you dip into as you approach the wake. Stay with MC and upgrade to an X-2, it's the tightest boat out there and has the best resale value. Also, keep your memory about tige real fuzzy, a lot of people "sware" at them.

By Ryan Ellis (cwbrider33) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yah i would try them all. But also you should check out the mb sports b52, wake is super progressive and nice

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com