Chosing a Houseboat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Chosing a Houseboat « Previous Next »
By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 6:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey everyone: Question? What is the best houseboat to rent most Marina's have the same style. We have rented 2 styles so far
the Odyssey with the hot tub and the Voyager that has the 3rd top deck. IMO The Voyager, that is suposed to be a better/more expencieve boat is not as good as the cheeper Odyssey. We saw the Renaissance when we picked up our houseboat and were totaly jellous. It sleeps less people but is very wide open for Partying.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 6:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Odyssey

The Voyager

The Renaissance

By mr san (amixman) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
grant how was your trip , jen and i wanted to go buy we would have been disowned if we missed my cousins wedding

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you should have come by it would have been worth it

By mr san (amixman) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
theres always next time grant let me know when you get the pics up on your website.
do you want to meet somewhare in mid oct for a loong weekend

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey grant,

What were the water temps like? Were there a lot of people?

Chad

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
#3 is my vote

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bruce #3 Is Big Pimpin I think we will get that or the Oddessey fo sho next tim. The Rensassance was only $500 more than the Voyager. I think we Paid like $3000 for the 4 day's Friday -Monday Morning

Mr.San The pics are up! and Yes we should hook it up! my Tower is off, Im having a tower box made so Im out for at least 3 weeks

Yo Chad the water was 79. All the lake's see, to be around the same temp. In the last 3 1/2 weeks I have been to
Beryessa 79
Tulloch 78
New Malonies 79
Bullards Bar 80
Shasta 79
And we were just out of Joans Valley on the PIT arm and Yes there seemed to be a few people. When ever you needed smooth watter there was a Boat to see that that didnt happen.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Only Problem with #3 the Rennasance is that it only sleeps 10 people. So It cost's more and sleeps less, On a party/trip you would have to charge like $350-$400 per person,

The boat cost
s $3500 for 4 days- times ten people= $350 plus gas plus food = $450-$500 to be safe damm thats steep

By John Lorenz (jplorenz) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant -
We rented a Renaissance this summer and loved it. Great top deck space, 1st class kitchen and overall just a top notch boat. However, if you are looking to sleep a lot of people, you are probably better off with the Odyssey. Plus the Renaissance is expensive (actually, they all are not cheap but the Renaissance will be even more next year - check out Jones' 2004 prices...).
We are going back to an Odyssey next year because we could not justify the price increase and are bringing more people.
Next time you are there, head up the Squaw Creek Arm. We always had good water in the morning (even in the middle of July when the Lake is really busy).
Hope that helps.
John L (Oregon)

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John Thanks:
Do you know what they are asking for the Renaissance in 04 We were thinking of renting 2 Houseboats a #1 A Party Machine and #2 a Sleeper. That way we could have the nice one and One that you could just crash in. When we saw the Renaissance our Jaws droped that thing is nice

By John Lorenz (jplorenz) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant -
the Renn. for 2003 cost $6800/wk.
the Ody. was $5500 (both high season)
We have booked already for 2004 so Jones gave us the '03 price on a Ody. for 10 days - can't wait until late June 2004...
From what the gal at Jones told us prices will be up around 5-10% next year. If you know what you want and when, reserve now for '04 - you will save a some bucks.
If you are looking for 2 boats - rent one Renn. and 1 Ody. Plenty of sleep and party space...
John

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, where do you rent the girls that go with the houseboat, or is it a package deal. Damn dude you rocked it!

By Harold (wikd281) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
haha> ALL THOSE GIRLS ARE MY HOES!> "them hos makes me lots a money"> get a hold of me> I hook u up! haha.
PIMPS AND HOES PARTY WAS OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fo Sheze Breeze

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 1:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Harold. Fo Sho" You rocked It home Boy, Im glad you came, Even thought you didn't bring "One Ho" Ya" You were trying to "HO Jack" the whole Weekend. Next time you Better bring some Bitches! Or else your gonna get a Beat Down Pimp Style!

"Rock it Like Chocolate"

By Harold (wikd281) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
haha! Yeah> I was "Ho Jackin!"
Next time> I'll try to bring some hos of my own.
If I can get some by den.
haha
See you tonight.

By JT (tranner) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone know a good place in California, Arizona, or Nevada to do a house boat trip?

By walt leonard (walt) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lake Orville is great for houseboat trips.

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JT:
In California, the best houseboating is on Lake Shasta. Second choice would be the Delta.

My favorite, all time place to houseboat is Lake Powell (Arizona/Utah).

As for the type of houseboat, it depends on the mix of people. If you have a bunch of old farts then you need a lot of shade, so the "Renaissance" style would be better. If you have a bunch of people that don't mind sleeping in a bag on a hard deck then get something that is as open on the top as possible. Pitch a bunch of tents on the roof and make the entire roof the bedroom.

Another bit of advice: don't take too many ski boats, especially if you are going to be cruising around with the houseboat. If your plan is to take the houseboat to one spot, drop anchor and stay the week there then it isn't a big issue. If you are going to Lake Powell, and intend on seeing a bunch of sites, then too many ski boats just get in the way.

Oh, I consider a hot tub on a rental houseboat to be absurd, unless it is heated and you are renting in the late fall or early spring.

By JT (tranner) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Rod, I looked into Shasta because I've never been there. That place looks absolutely amazing! I also looked into Lake Mead, NV which is only an approx. 5 hour drive from my home.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We Rented this year at New Malonies in June, It was great, I would defantly go back. We rented the Odyssey. It worked out well, There were 2 Types of Odyssey's. There was one fancy one with Cherry wood and Leather coutches one and then the plain one, We got the Plain one, They both Have Hot Tub's The Hot Tub Was Awesome, We were bummed that our Houseboat on Shasta didn't have one. Deffanitly Worth it. I thought that no one would want to get in the tub if it was hot outside, But Each night it was See how many people could fit in the tub along with our Ibiza Style Foam Party.

There was so much foam if you would have passed out and fell on the floor we have never found you untill the morning when the bubbles went away

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 1:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice, real nice. Damn

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com