Soft floor question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Soft floor question « Previous Next »
By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking at a 1991 Supra Comp and the seller says it has some soft floor in two areas. How can I determine the extent and possible stringer problems. Plus has anybody had a floor replaced, either partially or completely, I would like to factor this into my purchase price. I have noticed that these Supra's are notorious for this.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 5:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
anybody?

By Jamie Close (yooper) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 5:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I replaced a floor in my last boat. It's quite a job, but very doable. Don't plan on getting it done in a short amount of time. As far as paying a shop to do it.... very expensive.

By Mark B (markb) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
stephen - it may just be the removable piece that is behind the engine compartment. I had to replace that one in my comp. I would just do a carefull visual inspection of the stringers and by poking around with a sharp screwdriver. I think the most common area for the stringers to go bad is toward the rear of the boat where water would sit. Also check closely where there is somthing mounted to the stringers. They are wrapped in glass, but water will get in them where there is a hole or a scew like engine mounts and rudder mounts or whatever else.

By edmond masson (haterssuckcom) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i replaced the whole floor in my supra.fully disasembled it(body off the hull ).then gutted it fully.(floor boards ,foam ect).i dont know about other boats but older supras you have to take the body off the hull to get the floor fully removed.then had a shop put in new stringers, foam, & a new deck @ $2200.00.older supras werent glassed all the way to the back so the wood tended to rot from all the water rushing to the back then under the deck than back up front in all the foam & bottom deck ect.....

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com