Think I'm gonna get a 2003 mastercraf... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Think I'm gonna get a 2003 mastercraft X-30 « Previous Next »
By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tell me how you love/hate the boat whether its your or your friends...

thanks

By David T (crzyazn) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 5:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an '03 X 30
I ordered mine with my options and color in February and received it in March. I have been extremely happy with it. Plently of power, room (normally carry eight passengers), and storage. Had a few warranty problems but quickly handled by the dealer.
Don't have any dislikes, except would like to have it with dual fills (not offered by MasterCraft).
Good luck on your decision

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 7:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brett We had a 2002 X-30 on order and cancelled it after driving the Calabria Pro-V, I would look at some of the new big boats out there. All i know is the Pro-V handles way better than the X-30. the X-30 has lots of bow rise the wife did not like that at all, and it gets worse when you load the boat up with sacks.

By KC (desertrover) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 7:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an X-30 and have been happy with the boat. Just be very careful who your dealer is. If you live in Phoenix I would strongly recommend you pick a different boat. The Phoenix MC dealer is one you don't want to have to deal with. After my boat was with him for some very very minor work -- which never got done -- the boat has had one problem after another. I have had some dealings with other boat dealers in the valley and have nothing but good reports-- both the Malibu and the Tige dealers are great.

Again, stay away from the Phoenix MC dealer. As for the boat it is a bit big for serious wakeboarders but for Lake Powell it is just right. You don't want to get caught in a storm with a 21 or smaller boat.

Good Luck

By Kevin Bird (kevin_bird) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the wake is way tooo wide the boat is huge

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the boat is too big? isn't the new x-star half a foot longer and 1000lbs heavier?

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 3:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Weighted correctly the X-30 can be a great wakeboard boat. It is large but so is my 03' X-Star! If anything I would say its not for the beginner. A more experienced wakeboarder would not have an issue clearing the wake.

By MIKE O (batman) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the new Malibu LSV! Big and a sweet wake!

By Matt Anderson (xaggie) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 1:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have an '03 and same goes as stated before. Not the best for "serious" boarders, but for hauling a ton of people across the lake in comfort it is great. No mistaking 8 people plus all ballast full the wake is nothing to laugh at! Re-Proped(sp) and LQ9 ours runs 54 on handheld GPS so it's no barge. Matt

By Jordan Poppa (jpoppa) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What Chris said is right on, most experienced wakeboarders that know how to edge correctly love the wake. It is wider than the X-2, but why is that bad? You have a huge wake when weighted and you can get the air and distance you would normally get behind a tournament boat, but you land on the downslope of the wake instead of in the flats. Smooth, easy landings, sounds like a problem to me... Anyway, the boat is huge and can haul 8 people with all their gear and not feel crowded. What do people say the new X-Star wake is like...the X-30 when weighted and that can't be bad.
KC also has a very valid point however, your dealer really has a big effect on your new boat experience and if the malibu dealer is particularly good in the area then definitely look at the 04' LSV also. It's supposed to be a great wake-boat with a lot of room and storage. A little smaller inside than the X-30, but still plenty of room.

By H-Bomb (hbomb) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Buy a Super Air Nautique.....Best wake money can buy.
The local dealership here in Idaho just received the Sidewayz Productions demo boat with only 30 hour on it. I believe you can pick it up in the low $40's. It might be a little drive from Cali, but well worth it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com