Boat Mirrors Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Boat Mirrors « Previous Next »
By ponchevez (ponchevez) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 11:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

Boat mirrors, are tey really useful?

Is there another brand besides Boss, that manufactures mirrors?

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very, very useful.

Try http://www.cipamirrors.com/, they make most of the mirrors that you find on tournament boats.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can't live without one. They're essesntial for safe driving and maintaing accurate speed (if you don't have pp) I've got a big Cipa one, love it.

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Boss Is just a mirror mount you still have to buy the mirror if you dont allready have one. and it works very well i might add.

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wouldn't have a ski/wake boat without one!

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MK Wave makes a tower mounted mirror arm, and we're running a group buy on them at MBO right now.

By dayne whiddon (wdayne) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i can't pull a boarder w/out a mirror. i can do without speedo's or a tach, but you can't give a consistent pull unless you can watch the wake.

laterdayne

By dayne whiddon (wdayne) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jason, what exactly is a tower mounted mirror arm? do you have a pic? are they better? what do they cost?

By Gary Van Orden (gvanorde) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just purchased a Mastercraft Tower Mount Mirror Arm at a ridiculous price. I mounted in on the upper portion of the tower about 8 inches above the top of the windshield. Had to take it off because I just about put it through the windshield when I folded the tower down for storage.

Does anyone have a tower mount on a 01 Mastercraft Zero Flex tower. If so, where did you mount it so that the tower will fold without shattering the windshield.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dayne- The mirror is attached to the tower, and held out in front of the driver. The advantages are that the mirror doesn't block your forward vision of the water at all, and it can be used regardless of whether or not the walk-through section of the windshield is open or not. It's a really nice accessory to have ana makes the mirror more functional, as well as safer.

Gary- It mounts on the lower, stationary portion, not the top hinged section.

By Lloyd Pattison (wakeboarddad) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 4:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gary, I hate to ask this, because I know it will be ridiculous, but I am looking at doing exactly what you did. How much?? Thanks.

By chane (chane) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 5:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

MK Wave tower mounted mirror arm
MK Wave tower mounted mirror arm 2

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/forums/index.php?s=64325fca65680763edaeb6e4784460a0&act=ST&f=23&t=5391&st=0

By NoneYa (noneya) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 6:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In Texas you dont need a third if you have a mirror

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guess I'm old-fashioned......can't see anything wrong with the windshield mounted Cipa mirror. But hey.....to each his own.

By Gary Van Orden (gvanorde) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lloyd, paid $175 without the mirror. The bracket is definitely overengineered like Mastercraft's other accessories.

Joe, you have to use it in that location to appreciate it. I drove a friends X-2 and loved the location. Had to have one. Much easier to watch the water and traffic and the person behind the boat.

By chane (chane) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got my CIPA Extreme! $79 through Cabela's Special Orders Dept..

CIPA EXTREME

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guess I'll have to give it a try Gary! Thanx.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
FYI, the group buy we're running gets you the above mirror mount for $105. Quite a bit cheaper than Mastercraft's version, and just as strong.

By Rio Morales (riothepimp) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 9:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow that looks like the Boss Articulating Mirror arm.

The Bossman

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rio,
You should of patented it (the mirror arm holding a mirror off of a tower). Patent everything you make from now on.
Can you tell us any info on the CC deal?

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought Al Gore invented the articulating mirror arm?

(Message edited by monstertower on September 25, 2003)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com