Stereo installer in No. Cal. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Stereo installer in No. Cal. « Previous Next »
By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm looking to upgrade the system in my SAN. Anyone have any recommendations for a good installer in No. Cal.? Sacto area.

By Tommy G (tommyg) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom, I'm in the same predicament, looking to put a system in my '02 SAN. I haven't had any work done by either of these guys, but I've heard great things about Sounds Unlimited in Modesto (they do lots of boats) and Lightning Wakeboard Accessories in your area (www.lightningaccessories.com). Both do work with Arc Audio Amps, supposed to be very good. Let us see, once you've had your work done...

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try www.loudliquid.com . Give em a call and they'll give you a quick quote. But if you go in to talk to them they'll probably do better. If I hadn't ordered my speaker/cans already, I would have gone with these guys.

By Wes (pesos) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 11:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i would go to sounds unlimited if you don't mind the trek to modesto. someone else on the board recommended warlock audio in rancho cordova. i talked to them yesterday and will probably go with them for my install. they're at (916) 859-0126

Wes

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Warlocks does great installs the are also the manufactures of Bullet speakers the Planet Audio brand may not be as well known as other but there warranty is great and the sound is even better.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info guys, I'll call Warlock tommorow.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have Big Money $$$$$$ and want to Install the best Audio Equipment. I will install a system in your SAN. Big Pimpin or nutin

By Sean Wieland (swpmwinc) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 6:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant Call me @ the shop on Wed. I cant get your e-mail to work
thanks Sean
Now back to the posted topic

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 7:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, I would love to have a system like yours, but my wife would shoot me and then some other guy would end up enjoying it!.
I've asked a couple of people about how to run the I-Pod, and I'm still not clear on how to do it. I've got the Clarion marine unit that came with it, How did you hook up yours? Do I need a new head unit?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom Don't Blame your wife. Grow some ball's and hook it up. J/K I know what your talking about. My wife used to frown on all the time and money I spent on the Boat and system, but the thing of it is she and everyone on my boat get to enjoy the Fruit's of my Labor, My system started out some what small and grew so I kinda snuck it in there. I don't know how our relationship would have done if I was to walk in the door and say Honey Im home. I just spent 8,000 dollars on a system. And I ll be busy for the next 3 months I guess it all depends on how much you like to rock it. For me Having a nice system is everything. We dance and party and enjoy hanging out together on our boat that its totaly worth it. Tom Were are you located?

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 5:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, how was Shasta, I'll be up there this weekend. I seen you and your wife probably a couple weeks ago out at Lake Tulloch doing some surfing. Nice boat.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom; To use a 2nd input for you I-pod look at the post called I-pod action it talks about it there
Chad: Shasta Was off the Heezey, The weather was not totaly great, Sunny 2 out of the 4 day we were there. The boat we got was a Voyager. I think it sucked, the lay out of the boat was Lame. It slept alot of people that was good, but the upstairs Party space was None. We rented a Odysey with a hot tub last time and it was much better.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, I'm in Pollock Pines, it's about halfway between sacto. and Tahoe on hwy 50.
Are you still selling the boss tower speakers you have? What do you think of the invert tower speakers?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dammm I made a long Post yesterday in this Thred and it some how never got posted! SO on this on I will be short as I can.

Chad: Yes I rember You You had the Red Wakesetter We should hook it up some time.

Tom; I haven't heard the N-vert speakers
Now This is where the Post got long.but I feel like its important so Ill say it all over again.

The more I know about Loud speakers The more I think it doesn't Matter what you have but How you cross them over and how there set up Example.
When I did my tower will all the Boss speakers and the PPI amp the equipment was like the best. SO I just thought hooking it up and tuning it in the would rock. after tuning it in to the best of my ability I was not happy with the sound at all. So I lined the can's and up graded all the speakes and it still didnt sound that great to me. It wasent till I changed a few suttle things on the amp adjustments that everything started comming around, In the end That tower was screaming and I was VERY happy with it. It sounded so clear and Loud I was very impressed and sad to see it go. But looking back I was convinced that the Seprates couldn't handle the Power and couldn't Produce the mid that 6X9 made so That's what prompt me to think about selling my stuff, Im going with a bx that has 8- 6X9's and Im sure it will be the same It will sound like hell for a while till it is set up right.
What ever installer you chose will hook up your system in there garage and it will sound goood. But take it outside run it a level 10 for 15 min (let things heet up) and then hear what it sounds like, That's what the constant tweeking fixes, You Need to learn what adjustments your Amp and Deck and Eq and X overs do and how they work I know theres a thousand adjustments But this part Makes or Breaks a system, Or you could Invite your install out everytime you go out till your system is fully dialed in

By I NEED A PULL!!! (detonate69) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I live in modesto and have visited all of them. But I do my business through Car Audio Depot. They carry the best brands, are very friendly, and do some very nice work. The owner has an awesome X-30.
CAR AUDIO DEPOT
3012 MC HENRY AVE. SUITE A-1
MODESTO, CA 95350
If you do go down their talk to Ron. He'll hook you up.}

By Eric Lewis (h2o4me) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 7:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go to Car Audio Depot in Modesto! Ask to see some of Keith's work. He is an artist with install and fiberglass work!

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wet N Wild Audio in Livermore is really good. John does all his own work and will pick up and deliver or do mobile installations. Ck him out. He also has a sick demo rack that has many stereos,amps subs speakers and the remotes all wired up to demonstrate which relly helps making a choice. Call him @ 925-784-3030
http://www.wetnwildaudio.com

By Chris (holbywan) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 3:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom,

My recommendation is to do it yourself. I did and saved a TON of cash. Sounds / looks spectactular. Buy the Car Stereo Cookbook. 20 hours of research and you can build your own. Fun hobby anyway. Buy your gear on eBay and save more!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0070580839/qid=1063839476/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-6848844-3605560

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com